Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horn Tweeter Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by SnailSpace SnailSpace wrote:

I don’t know what dispersion pattern & 90x40& stereo imaging mean/relate to? You have to treat me like I’ve just hatched out of an egg, thanks!

The dispersion pattern of HF horns is the horizontal and vertical coverage in degrees. Stereo imaging is how accurately a stereo signal is reproduced by a pair of speakers. If you intend just to plonk a load of boxes in one spot, then you don't need to worry about stereo. A single stack will be in mono, so the HF and MF sections can be driven by just a single amp channel each. So the minimum number of amp channels required for an active 3 way mono system is 3, for an active 3 way stereo system is 5 ( bass frequencies are omnidirectional, so they don't need to be run in stereo).
SnailSpace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnailSpace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 1:16pm
I will be using as both 2 stacks and 1 stack.

What would happen if I had x2 horizontal 1 above the other? (I’m not questioning you just if I know why you don’t do something it makes more sense!)

I have seen when I look at other Sound systems rows of horizontal horns I presume this is because they have more output below to balance? Or that they like more high? 
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 3:34pm
Snaispace get a copy of the old Yamaha sound  reinforcement book.. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnailSpace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 5:27pm
I’ll take a look Thanks
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 6:00pm

I’ll take a look Thanks

You'll will learn a lot from from it especially coverage and dispersion etc. It's a  handy little 'bible' I think I got it it 25 years ago I'm sure they update it a bit but a lot of useful information. Second hand hand on eBay won't cost many pence. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnailSpace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 8:38pm
Still quite expensive on eBay in uk as only copies are in US. It’s nice to have a hard copy as it’s easy but I’ve searched and found it on GoogleDrive as a PDF https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Ka-yX8YG6KVEJVNjVpNFVOY0k/view?resourcekey=0-ZVVgTWKylltbOwRVrbU_NA
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2023 at 9:31pm
Nice, some of the questions you been asking are well explained in it. It will give you a good grounding. 

Amazon UK have it for £16

Edited by KDW32 - 09 March 2023 at 9:33pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnailSpace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 11:16pm

Edited by SnailSpace - 20 March 2023 at 10:52am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnailSpace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 12:59pm

Edited by SnailSpace - 20 March 2023 at 10:51am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnailSpace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2023 at 11:08am
Does the size of a Horn box interior change the sound of the Horn or is the actual Horn attached to the Driver that is doing all the work by projecting the sound?
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2023 at 12:42pm
The horn & driver are doing all the work of determining the sound/frequency response, the box should have no real impact on it in most cases.
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2023 at 2:52pm

Does the size of a Horn box interior change the sound of the Horn or is the actual Horn attached to the Driver that is doing all the work by projecting the sound?

Have you actually read the yamaha book? There is a complete chapter on horns..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>