FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CVR and Admark Amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CVR and Admark Amps
    Posted: 18 December 2023 at 1:06pm
I've been told by number of Jamaican Reggae sounds, who have both Powersoft K20s, and Admark AD42s, comparing both amps, side by side, playing 2x 2x21" cabs per channel of each amp, the Powersoft produce more SPL, however the Admark have a warmer sound.

This seems logical to me, and what I would expect, considering price difference.

Makes used Admark, worth the price, to me.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
tehuti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tehuti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2023 at 5:01am
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

There is even a GaN-transistor based version with 520VDC rails (2* 260V or so)
However the sound quality is exceptionally poor..
There is 'ALLDSP' inside which is also ruins sound quality.
It it not reach any of the professional grade performance.
We were unable to determine what makes the sound quality so bad but If you take an oscilloscope the waveforms on the output are very ugly.
I have pictures somewhere, let me find them and show..
Horrible in every audio meanings :-)

I am talking about this comment about the ad442 specifically .  
Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2023 at 1:11pm
What do you mean by not the best sound?

When we compared them to MC2 E-series, Powersoft K series, Linea Research and FFA the difference was negligable.

The only one that smashed all of the others out of the park was the MC2 Delta series and that seemed to be way better than all of the other amps we tested, with the same signal on the same box in the same position with the same gain.
www.requiem-soundsystem.com

Custom Martin Audio WSX, USB & CSG Soundsystem based in Bristol
tehuti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tehuti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2023 at 10:17am
Can you find this info?  I bought 2x ad442 for backup amps etc and they worked so far on low mids and bass but not the best sound.  Worried to use them or sell them somehow or keep for emergencies.   Do the other admark amps work fine without any anomolies? 
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2023 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by lickweed lickweed wrote:

yes , ad442 , didn't have a chance to use it in anger yet.

Did you buy it for sub, or mid tops.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2023 at 10:17am
Please report you finding. 442 looks too good to be true.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2023 at 1:30pm
yes , ad442 , didn't have a chance to use it in anger yet.
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2023 at 1:28pm
Viktor , we know only good amp is a PKN , but its getting a bit boring.
Admarks sounds rather good to my ears
tehuti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tehuti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2023 at 4:12pm
Do you mean the Admark ad442? I was curious about this model if you have comparisons between that and the other models I’m very curious . 
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2023 at 3:48pm
There is even a GaN-transistor based version with 520VDC rails (2* 260V or so)
However the sound quality is exceptionally poor..
There is 'ALLDSP' inside which is also ruins sound quality.
It it not reach any of the professional grade performance.
We were unable to determine what makes the sound quality so bad but If you take an oscilloscope the waveforms on the output are very ugly.
I have pictures somewhere, let me find them and show..
Horrible in every audio meanings :-)
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2023 at 2:55pm
I asked quite a lot of questions about amps , before i pulled a triger( bought some)Thanks Stef.
Its by no means Armonia , Lake or any other pro environment , but its ok , there is even some FIR . 
They can and do higher end of spectrum , but i don't think they sell a lot  , its well established market .

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2023 at 10:35am
@Marjan

its indeed AllDSP (SBD44). It works ok. Fast but very simple UI, and for me personally not enough capabilities processing wise. The LCD of the amp is also quite limited

I now run some CVR 3004 DSP which are basically the same amp as the AD430 with a different DSP and some other small tweaks. Its the same DSP as used in the wharfdale DP-F series. I am not sure which manufacturer makes the DSP, but its looks nice and works nice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>