Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CVR and Admark Amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Exactly.

I even see that they have a AD442 now! Just after that I have the AD430's LOL

I encountered the same thing when I bought my K30. A few months later, K35 then, AD42 by the end of the year.  

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
vibes92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibes92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 12:31pm
i have heared a few sounds using x8s on bass, and even x8s on there whole sets (qss)

and seems very strong.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

The only way you cannot achieve the Morin/Admark  stated output wattage is if you cannot supply them enough current. Mine are supplied anywhere from 250 volts - 208 volts on a dedicated a dual pole 70/70 breaker fed through a 4 awg cable (95-A per leg, 90 Celsius). 

I've seen sound systems in Jamaica using 100/100 dual poles and have no issues with the amplifier's performance. 99.9% of the time they play outdoors where the demand is far greater than playing indoors.

I'm sceptical of quoted output power, of cheaper Chinese lightweights, until I hear feedback  about real world results.

And by real world results, I mean on sub use, < 50hz hpf, at 4 ohm stereo.
When someone reports they have played number of gigs as above, and sub tone was "full/warm", amp remained fairly cool all night, no thermalling/premature limiting, I class that as a success.

I would not class the above, as a requirement for 1% of users.

Edited by levyte357- - 15 March 2023 at 12:39pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 12:59pm
all i know is i seen 1 x8 run 
8 x21s ( bass ) 
4 x 18s ( mid bass )
4 x12s ( mid )
and comps and bullets 
in a room where sounds norm bring 4 scoops and when it was dropping it took my face off , there was no shortage of sub that's a certainly 

Edited by paulus - 15 March 2023 at 1:00pm
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

all i know is i seen 1 x8 run 
8 x21s ( bass ) 
4 x 18s ( mid bass )
4 x12s ( mid )
and comps and bullets 
in a room where sounds norm bring 4 scoops and when it was dropping it took my face off , there was no shortage of sub that's a certainly 

Don't doubt that, problem is, I hear there is big Powersoft shortage right now..

Edited by levyte357- - 15 March 2023 at 1:10pm
vibes92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibes92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 3:43pm
there is a big problem with the x8s many sounds have ordered there x8s early last year and are still waiting...... powersoft say theres a problem with the microchips?
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 3:44pm
yes massive problem in the electronics world at the minute, lots of items sat half built awaiting parts , automotive industry also,  that's why k20 are fetching up to  3k nowSleepy ,gutted i didn't get one when they were 2200 used  ,was offered one too :( only spoke about this today , tho these admarks do look good just need to see one being hammered on a reggae sound and a drum and bass hire out for many hours for a good few months  to finally decide 33 to 80hz on sub duty i personally set mine to 

Edited by paulus - 15 March 2023 at 3:51pm
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

33 to 80hz on sub duty i personally set mine to 

This is what I call, real world, sub usage, especially with pre amp, for Roots Reggae, and not many amps of whatever country of manufacture, can handle this without issue, 4 ohms stereo, week in, week out !!

Hence sceptical, until unit is tested and proven.

Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 2:26am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

The only way you cannot achieve the Morin/Admark  stated output wattage is if you cannot supply them enough current. Mine are supplied anywhere from 250 volts - 208 volts on a dedicated a dual pole 70/70 breaker fed through a 4 awg cable (95-A per leg, 90 Celsius). 

I've seen sound systems in Jamaica using 100/100 dual poles and have no issues with the amplifier's performance. 99.9% of the time they play outdoors where the demand is far greater than playing indoors.

I'm sceptical of quoted output power, of cheaper Chinese lightweights, until I hear feedback  about real world results.

When someone reports they have played number of gigs as above, and sub tone was "full/warm", amp remained fairly cool all night, no thermalling/premature limiting, I class that as a success.

You may need to sway away from your circle friends and focus on Sound Systems in Jamaica. They play multiple times per week for years using CVR/Admark with no issues.

These amplifiers have already proven themselves year in and year out to be very reliable in the field. This is why, the majority of sound systems in Jamaica use them.   

Best Regards, 

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 16 March 2023 at 2:27am
Elliot Thompson
JWS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 6:01am
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've heard from many people that Admark and CVR are just fine for sub-bass duty (20-90hz). I know a few people who have had them powering subs doing this range for 20hrs per day for 3 days straight. This is for EDM music as well.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 8:42am

You may need to sway away from your circle friends and focus on Sound Systems in Jamaica. They play multiple times per week for years using CVR/Admark with no issues.

These amplifiers have already proven themselves year in and year out to be very reliable in the field. This is why, the majority of sound systems in Jamaica use them.   

Best Regards, 

Really hearing contradicting feedback about Jamaican/West Indian usage, of these amps.

Yes, they are selling well, yes many sounds running them, but told mostly with 50hz+ HPF !?

On European continent (Esp France), where number of heavy Roots Dub sounds are increasing, and hpf 30-40hz is very common, amps like Void Inf8MK2 and Powersoft K20/X series are sought after.

Edited by levyte357- - 16 March 2023 at 8:46am
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 9:07am
When playing around with a CVR 3002 I noticed considerable weight added to the sound when dropping the HPF below 40hz. Just thought I’d say this as I saw some mentions before that they cannot do anything under 40hz! Only used mine on small inverter setups so not had a chance to cane it but then again I don’t play sine waves or want to boil a kettle from my amps so my feed back isn’t of use to some of you guys LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>