Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CVR and Admark Amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 10:30am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

You may need to sway away from your circle friends and focus on Sound Systems in Jamaica. They play multiple times per week for years using CVR/Admark with no issues.

These amplifiers have already proven themselves year in and year out to be very reliable in the field. This is why, the majority of sound systems in Jamaica use them.   

Best Regards, 

Really hearing contradicting feedback about Jamaican/West Indian usage, of these amps.

Yes, they are selling well, yes many sounds running them, but told mostly with 50hz+ HPF !?

On European continent (Esp France), where number of heavy Roots Dub sounds are increasing, and hpf 30-40hz is very common, amps like Void Inf8MK2 and Powersoft K20/X series are sought after.

You may have forgotten that I don't use High Pass Filtering for Sub use. A HPF of 35 Hz 12 dB per octave is what I use for my low-mids. Familiarize yourself on the "Longevity Test" I made nearly 2 years ago. In addition to the "Tonal Characteristics Comparison" test. 

I recall before making that test, telling anyone who wanted a particular track tested on the K30 to let me know playing through my Double Eighteens (evaluated from 90 Hz - 17 Hz). No one from the Roots fraternity contacted me. 

Observing the Crest Factor test (100 Hz - 5 Hz), I literally ran a sine wave at each frequency listed to determine the output wattage. So, the amplifier is not the limiting factor. I would say, the boxes they are using and/or the loudspeakers not capable of playing very low frequencies with great efficiency is the limiting factor.    

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
vibes92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibes92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 12:45pm
lord ambassador (uk) uses an admark and found out he uses double 18s  all along
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 1:12am
Most of the amplifier conversations are always regarding POWER.... i wana know how an ampflifier SOUNDS, how refined is the sound? How well does it sustained the low lows below 40hz, whats the tone like? Having enough power is important but how it actually sounds is key for me personally
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 2:02am
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Most of the amplifier conversations are always regarding POWER.... i wana know how an ampflifier SOUNDS, how refined is the sound? How well does it sustained the low lows below 40hz, whats the tone like? Having enough power is important but how it actually sounds is key for me personally

What amplifier (Brand) are you using at the moment that you want to compare the Admark/Morin to as a reference?

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 5:37pm
Quote On European continent (Esp France), where number of heavy Roots Dub sounds are increasing, and hpf 30-40hz is very common, amps like Void Inf8MK2 and Powersoft K20/X series are sought after.

French soundman here, more and more reggae/dub sounds are going admark or rebadges, there are (at least) 2 resellers/rebadgers (hexa audio and mdm) in the counrty and they sell well.
The advantage of getting a rebagdge at higher price is getting an amp correctly tested, having the 2 years full warranty, stocked spare piece in the same countrys, and easier/faster support after the 2 years. The drawback is ... well, the price.
I know that they are very popular in other genres too (think free / rave party sounds)
Seen a sound play 8 fane xb in larry scoops in a meeting in 2 ohms, sounded good and heavy, not eye-wobbling breath-taking heavy but I doubt you could with this box/speaker combo (huge room 1000 capacity). The soundman has done many gigs (1 year I think) and was very happy with the amp.
I've heard many reports of the amp powering subs as it should and being reliable.
A friend benched the same model, said that is hold its power in 8 and 4 ohms but in 2 ohms loose juice for the long sub notes (esp those hitting the lowest impedance point of the driver/box)  due to the amp power supply not powerfull enough. So the output voltage drops. Fine in 4/8 ohms though.
For the price one could have a spare one at the ready, able to be swapped for 4 ohms bass, or 2ohms mids / tops ...
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by JBK JBK wrote:

Quote On European continent (Esp France), where number of heavy Roots Dub sounds are increasing, and hpf 30-40hz is very common, amps like Void Inf8MK2 and Powersoft K20/X series are sought after.

French soundman here, more and more reggae/dub sounds are going admark or rebadges, there are (at least) 2 resellers/rebadgers (hexa audio and mdm) in the counrty and they sell well.
The advantage of getting a rebagdge at higher price is getting an amp correctly tested, having the 2 years full warranty, stocked spare piece in the same countrys, and easier/faster support after the 2 years. The drawback is ... well, the price.
I know that they are very popular in other genres too (think free / rave party sounds)
Seen a sound play 8 fane xb in larry scoops in a meeting in 2 ohms, sounded good and heavy, not eye-wobbling breath-taking heavy but I doubt you could with this box/speaker combo (huge room 1000 capacity). The soundman has done many gigs (1 year I think) and was very happy with the amp.
I've heard many reports of the amp powering subs as it should and being reliable.
A friend benched the same model, said that is hold its power in 8 and 4 ohms but in 2 ohms loose juice for the long sub notes (esp those hitting the lowest impedance point of the driver/box)  due to the amp power supply not powerfull enough. So the output voltage drops. Fine in 4/8 ohms though.
For the price one could have a spare one at the ready, able to be swapped for 4 ohms bass, or 2ohms mids / tops ...

Great Post.

Confirmed  much of what I was told/thinking.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

What amplifier (Brand) are you using at the moment that you want to compare the Admark/Morin to as a reference?

Best Regards,

Hello, i do not wish to compare these with any amplifiers as they are of no interest to me
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 9:45am
Below is a feedback from hornplan's forum user Mr One (translation by google with some corrections by me) This is the same model that I talked about in the above comment. One thing I didn't mention is some complaints that the amp's gain is stupidly high (45db) Also from my friend's bench test (not MrOne), the amp don't trip a 16A breaker on 8 or 4ohms full tilt.  Remember here we have 16A 220V domestic power (even up to 230/240 in proper concert halls / big festival generators). Also IIRC the amp was delivering stated output in 2ohms on one channel only but voltage dropped rapidly if both were loaded. Don't quote me on that though.
I am going to test it in 4ohms on sub (or maybe 2ohms on kicks or mids just to check but I don't intend to use the like that long term)

Feedback from the tests carried out this afternoon with my friend Paulztw, in competition were the Powersoft X4 and the HA 2600D hexa audio.
Powersoft's power supply was taken from a 3x32 amp start and 15 meters of 5g6mm2 cables (the amp works in three-phase).
At the powersoft rack output I had 16 PCs available to power the hex amp. Power supply was top notch.
The two amps were connected to two MDC3 (2.66 ohms per sub) via 12 meters of 4mm2 cable.
The first test took place on the 2600D, we slowly turn up the master....and then....boom! no I'm kidding ^^ impossible to get to the clip. The MDCs have cashed in but we have reached the limits of the subs towards -3 db on the amp, which is a good sign for the output power.
We were able to measure a consumption of 10 amps in 2x2.66 at -3db which should give a consumption of around 20 amps to the clip. The bass is well maintained, the amp does not flinch.
We then went on to listen to several tracks, alternating between X4 and HA2600. Not really a difference in sound, maybe a little rounder on the HA but really not much. These amps hold the loudspeakers very well. In output level the two are identical.
In summary this ha is a beautiful machine, it should be able to find its place in the racks and compete with cvr on the next configs

Edited by JBK - 20 March 2023 at 9:52am
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 10:02am
Originally posted by JBK JBK wrote:

Below is a feedback from hornplan's forum user Mr One (translation by google with some corrections by me) This is the same model that I talked about in the above comment. One thing I didn't mention is some complaints that the amp's gain is stupidly high (45db) Also from my friend's bench test (not MrOne), the amp don't trip a 16A breaker on 8 or 4ohms full tilt. 

This tells me a lot.Confused

I have managed to pull 7.7A, on a 230V supply, when using 1x 8 ohm (nominal) driver, on 1x channel of Void Infinite 8 MK2, approx 7A, on a QSC RMX 5050.

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 10:31am
not sure pulling more peak current is necessarily a good thing!

which amp do we think the HA2600D is a rebadge of? Says it weighs 8.5kg which is very light.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 11:02am
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

I don't subscribe to the magic "power drawn from an alternate universe theory", so I expect an amplifier to draw sufficient current, to output specified power.LOL

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 11:41am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

I don't subscribe to the magic "power drawn from an alternate universe theory", so I expect an amplifier to draw sufficient current, to output specified power.LOL

Well, it is not magic if you understand the underlaying electronics. 
But everyone on the forum knows that the scoop section is not representable for the whole industry again. 

Just get an AD42 or comparable, and test it. Just jumping on conclusions based on various tests (and ignoring the positive ones) which all had different conditions, does not bring anyone anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>