Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CVR and Admark Amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 11:45am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

not sure pulling more peak current is necessarily a good thing!

I don't subscribe to the magic "power drawn from an alternate universe theory", so I expect an amplifier to draw sufficient current, to output specified power.LOL

yes we all know average power in must be greater than average power out. but peak current draw depends on the amplifier efficiency, how much stored energy there is in the amp, and how quickly it recharges the stored energy. you could get the same power out with about half the peak current if it's designed with this in mind.
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 11:50am
Quote I have managed to pull 7.7A, on a 230V supply, when using 1x 8 ohm (nominal) driver, on 1x channel of Void Infinite 8 MK2, approx 7A, on a QSC RMX 5050.

Weird flex but OK.
EDIT : the model in question is fitted with 32 powercon socket, but shipped with standard 16A plug cable.
The tested I mentionned was conducted on real drivers with musical signal, not resistor banks with sine waves. Maybe this would require more than 16A yes.
Personally I'll only feed them 32A even in 4ohms even if overkill as we are lucky to almost always have proper 32A triphase supplies in all proper halls/festivals and there is a distro in the amp rack anyways.
Should give them a proper test this summer (think lots of dirt, scorcher, high spl, fixed install for few days) and report back in september.

Edited by JBK - 20 March 2023 at 12:09pm
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 11:56am
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

yes we all know average power in must be greater than average power out. but peak current draw depends on the amplifier efficiency, how much stored energy there is in the amp, and how quickly it recharges the stored energy. you could get the same power out with about half the peak current if it's designed with this in mind.

Agreed..

My generalising point of view on lightweight amps changed, when I observed Powersoft K20 drawing > 34A @ approx 230V, when running in "4 ohm" stereo.

So now, I accept, there are well designed and implemented lightweights, that may not provide spec'd power, but will properly power drivers on sub freqs, in 4/2 ohm stereo, "if" powered sufficiently.

Then you have...

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by JBK JBK wrote:

Below is a feedback from hornplan's forum user Mr One (translation by google with some corrections by me) This is the same model that I talked about in the above comment. One thing I didn't mention is some complaints that the amp's gain is stupidly high (45db) Also from my friend's bench test (not MrOne), the amp don't trip a 16A breaker on 8 or 4ohms full tilt.  Remember here we have 16A 220V domestic power (even up to 230/240 in proper concert halls / big festival generators). Also IIRC the amp was delivering stated output in 2ohms on one channel only but voltage dropped rapidly if both were loaded. Don't quote me on that though.
I am going to test it in 4ohms on sub (or maybe 2ohms on kicks or mids just to check but I don't intend to use the like that long term)

Feedback from the tests carried out this afternoon with my friend Paulztw, in competition were the Powersoft X4 and the HA 2600D hexa audio.
Powersoft's power supply was taken from a 3x32 amp start and 15 meters of 5g6mm2 cables (the amp works in three-phase).
At the powersoft rack output I had 16 PCs available to power the hex amp. Power supply was top notch.
The two amps were connected to two MDC3 (2.66 ohms per sub) via 12 meters of 4mm2 cable.
The first test took place on the 2600D, we slowly turn up the master....and then....boom! no I'm kidding ^^ impossible to get to the clip. The MDCs have cashed in but we have reached the limits of the subs towards -3 db on the amp, which is a good sign for the output power.
We were able to measure a consumption of 10 amps in 2x2.66 at -3db which should give a consumption of around 20 amps to the clip. The bass is well maintained, the amp does not flinch.
We then went on to listen to several tracks, alternating between X4 and HA2600. Not really a difference in sound, maybe a little rounder on the HA but really not much. These amps hold the loudspeakers very well. In output level the two are identical.
In summary this ha is a beautiful machine, it should be able to find its place in the racks and compete with cvr on the next configs
They are rebadged CVR’s boss . So the price is slightly higher cause the man answering the phone for service is next door . 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 2:43pm
The difference between the Powersoft and CVR is Powersoft has cap’s that draw power from the wall and the CVR the cap’s are power output , which in short Powersoft needs proper power-supply 16amps or more to preform, so not an amp for 13amp plug-in if you want the power. That should make it simple enough for Tom,Dick and Harry to have an idea 💡 of what’s going on . 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 2:47pm

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

I have managed to pull 7.7A, on a 230V supply, when using 1x 8 ohm (nominal) driver, on 1x channel of Void Infinite 8 MK2, approx 7A, on a QSC RMX 5050.

Weird flex but OK.
EDIT : the model in question is fitted with 32 powercon socket, but shipped with standard 16A plug cable.
The tested I mentionned was conducted on real drivers with musical signal, not resistor banks with sine waves. Maybe this would require more than 16A yes.
Personally I'll only feed them 32A even in 4ohms even if overkill as we are lucky to almost always have proper 32A triphase supplies in all proper halls/festivals and there is a distro in the amp rack anyways.
Should give them a proper test this summer (think lots of dirt, scorcher, high spl, fixed install for few days) and report back in september.

My point was not personally directed at you, boss !!

Just pointing out, regardless of transformer or lightweight, even if lightweight is packed full of space technology, and smoothing caps, with approx hpf of 40hz, and "some bass boost" at 40hz, at "4 ohms stereo", full tilt, that sub  amplifier will be drawing serious peak current, if it really is providing > 2.5kwpc @ 4 ohms.

Edited by levyte357- - 20 March 2023 at 2:48pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

I have managed to pull 7.7A, on a 230V supply, when using 1x 8 ohm (nominal) driver, on 1x channel of Void Infinite 8 MK2, approx 7A, on a QSC RMX 5050.

Weird flex but OK.

My point was not personally directed at you, boss !!

Just pointing out, regardless of transformer or lightweight, even if lightweight is packed full of space technology, and smoothing caps, with approx hpf of 40hz, and "some bass boost" at 40hz, at "4 ohms stereo", full tilt, that sub  amplifier will be drawing serious peak current, if it really is providing > 2.5kwpc @ 4 ohms.

Lev them amps have nuff caps to give you that power I would say have stable power 16 and you can run them down to 2ohm , some sound in us and Canada even Jam are using them running 3*21” per ch , I think you should buy one , if you don’t like it I’l buy it off you . 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

Lev them amps have nuff caps to give you that power I would say have stable power 16 and you can run them down to 2ohm , some sound in us and Canada even Jam are using them running 3*21” per ch , I think you should buy one , if you don’t like it I’l buy it off you . 

Looking out for used  K35 or AD42.

Would not buy new, as is not an investment, and resale value won't go up.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

Below is a feedback from hornplan's forum user Mr One (translation by google with some corrections by me) This is the same model that I talked about in the above comment. One thing I didn't mention is some complaints that the amp's gain is stupidly high (45db) Also from my friend's bench test (not MrOne), the amp don't trip a 16A breaker on 8 or 4ohms full tilt.  Remember here we have 16A 220V domestic power (even up to 230/240 in proper concert halls / big festival generators). Also IIRC the amp was delivering stated output in 2ohms on one channel only but voltage dropped rapidly if both were loaded. Don't quote me on that though.
I am going to test it in 4ohms on sub (or maybe 2ohms on kicks or mids just to check but I don't intend to use the like that long term)

Feedback from the tests carried out this afternoon with my friend Paulztw, in competition were the Powersoft X4 and the HA 2600D hexa audio.
Powersoft's power supply was taken from a 3x32 amp start and 15 meters of 5g6mm2 cables (the amp works in three-phase).
At the powersoft rack output I had 16 PCs available to power the hex amp. Power supply was top notch.
The two amps were connected to two MDC3 (2.66 ohms per sub) via 12 meters of 4mm2 cable.
The first test took place on the 2600D, we slowly turn up the master....and then....boom! no I'm kidding ^^ impossible to get to the clip. The MDCs have cashed in but we have reached the limits of the subs towards -3 db on the amp, which is a good sign for the output power.
We were able to measure a consumption of 10 amps in 2x2.66 at -3db which should give a consumption of around 20 amps to the clip. The bass is well maintained, the amp does not flinch.
We then went on to listen to several tracks, alternating between X4 and HA2600. Not really a difference in sound, maybe a little rounder on the HA but really not much. These amps hold the loudspeakers very well. In output level the two are identical.
In summary this ha is a beautiful machine, it should be able to find its place in the racks and compete with cvr on the next configs
They are rebadged CVR’s boss . So the price is slightly higher cause the man answering the phone for service is next door . 

power spec and weight don't match any CVR model. looks same as Gyimpex V52. If the internal shots on alibaba are to be believed it's a different beast to the CVR/Admark/Morin/Sinbosen 1U amps.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 6:51pm
@Snowflake i can’t seem to find the one you are talking about, but just checked their site out lol , have to test some of these soon , 
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Most of the amplifier conversations are always regarding POWER.... i wana know how an ampflifier SOUNDS, how refined is the sound? How well does it sustained the low lows below 40hz, whats the tone like? Having enough power is important but how it actually sounds is key for me personally

What amplifier (Brand) are you using at the moment that you want to compare the Admark/Morin to as a reference?

Best Regards,

Hello, i do not wish to compare these with any amplifiers as they are of no interest to me

So what was the point of the post? 

Those who own these amps are willing help those that are considering buying them. Basically, clearing the air of the naysayers hearing rumors on what the amplifier can and cannot do.

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 20 March 2023 at 9:31pm
Elliot Thompson
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2023 at 2:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>