Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CVR and Admark Amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 10:26am
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

I know of a British made lightweight, with an extremely well respected name, that also came with genuine Powercon 32A input socket.

It was quoted with max current draw of 32A.

Did anyone ever draw 32A on metered mains, unlikely, as at 4 ohm stereo, if you ran it on sub, with hpf below 50hz, the amplifier limited itself.

so it's not just the Chinese amps you are cynical about! Wink

WinkLOL

As Rog once said, Chinese manufacturers, can produce quality units, when someone with a baseball bat, is in charge of Q&A.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Meat Substitute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Substitute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 10:43am
Are those new amps from Blue Aran (K12 and K16) with similar front panels the same as the Admark and CVR or something else?

If so, anyone know what their equivalent models are?
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 3:32pm
i see there is a admark 422 out now 4 channel , big numbers too 
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
turbo7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 3:48pm
just to let you know, reading the X4 specsheet, it will draw 9A max. no matter how many power supplies are attached...

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by turbo7 turbo7 wrote:

just to let you know, reading the X4 specsheet, it will draw 9A max. no matter how many power supplies are attached...

Not suprising, as apparently, Powersoft stated X series are not designed for sub use, on all channels.

I was also told (hearsay), X4 does get plenty hot, when used as above.
turbo7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 4:16pm
Exactly this. No hearsay, they GET hot. They have a very nice clean kick but do not deliver much sub. 
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by turbo7 turbo7 wrote:

Exactly this. No hearsay, they GET hot. They have a very nice clean kick but do not deliver much sub. 

I've heard an X4 driving 3x subs not sure of config, if 1x per channel or whatever, but it drove those 3x (assumed 8 ohm subs), as well as any transformer amp I've heard.

But then, you don't spend that kind of money, to power 3x subs.
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 6:11pm
check the production partner review of the X4, its not designed to be an all channels sub amp its very thermally limited for low crest factor signals. 
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 6:16pm
Also I doubt most amp specs are wrong just that they are not specifying enough of the test conditions.  A lot of the amps from China are very powerful as independent measurements of amps like the Admark K30 have shown.  The Blue Arran amps also claim independent measurements.  Here are some more measurements of a Sanway amp pushing serious power: https://data-bass.ipbhost.com/topic/917-robs-amp-tests/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-21756 ;
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

You are currently only making assumptions on a previous case from s different case. 

Eventually you will come to the realisation, (for sub), no lightweight amplifier, meets quoted specs,  20hz-20khz,when specs are based on 1khz burst.

The general rule of thumb is, for sub, if you really need 2.5kwpc @ 4 ohms, get lightweight rated at 5kwpc @ 4 ohms.

They do meet their specs, this has been said multiple times. I have been here long enough that you applications differ a lot from most 99% of the industry. 

The AD430 performed great, I am sure it could have burned every coil of the 214.50 if I let it. If thats not enough power, I do not know what is. The 214.50 were more excursion/distortion limited before the amps limit. 
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 11:40am
The only way you cannot achieve the Morin/Admark  stated output wattage is if you cannot supply them enough current. Mine are supplied anywhere from 250 volts - 208 volts on a dedicated a dual pole 70/70 breaker fed through a 4 awg cable (95-A per leg, 90 Celsius). 

I've seen sound systems in Jamaica using 100/100 dual poles and have no issues with the amplifier's performance. 99.9% of the time they play outdoors where the demand is far greater than playing indoors.

Just because a person can afford these amplifiers, does not mean they have the resources to feed the amplifiers the proper amount of current.

Best Regards,   

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 15 March 2023 at 11:43am
Elliot Thompson
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 11:46am
Exactly.

I even see that they have a AD442 now! Just after that I have the AD430's LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>