Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matrix XT5000MF Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matrix XT5000MF Issue
    Posted: 19 March 2023 at 2:19pm
Hello, It's been a while since i've been on this Forum.

I have a Matrix XT5000MF it's had light useage but I ran into a problem with it last night. It was running Mid duty's then it all of a sudden cut out, lost complete power. Switched the amp off left it for a while powered it back up, It all came back on. Started turning it up and the issue repeated itself.

Who do I need to speak to about this these days?
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 2:27pm
I don't know.. but i have the same amp that does exactly that too...
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2023 at 6:27pm
This would be my first guess...

BigSoundNorthWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 9:31am
i think Robin from Matrix is a member on here too

edit: 

Edited by BigSoundNorthWest - 20 March 2023 at 9:32am
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 10:27am
I just had a XT800 fixed by:

I was pointed to them by Matrix as the approved repair center in the UK.

Thanks,

Dupe....
Dupe...
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 11:12am
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

Was considering one of these, for sub..

Not now, methinks..

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 11:24am
it ran for years without issue to be fair, always 4 ohm. and andy sold it to me mad cheap.
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

Was considering one of these, for sub..

Not now, methinks..

That’s the wrong way to look at stuff boss , so you’ll end up not buying a thing , I got one of the first 5000’s from Andy in 2007/8, it’s still pushing four 4*218 Es cabs .this is in dusty Kenya and off mostly 13amp
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

That’s the wrong way to look at stuff boss , so you’ll end up not buying a thing , I got one of the first 5000’s from Andy in 2007/8, it’s still pushing four 4*218 Es cabs .this is in dusty Kenya and off mostly 13amp

Stopped publically slating product brands on here long time, so won't go into past history.

Let's just say, experience with other sub amps, like QSC  RMX 5050/PL380, Void 8MK2, Crown MA5000VZ, have proven a better experience.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Biggus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 4:53pm
Thanks guys for your responses, I've been using these amps since 2015 and never skipped at beat. They have been in a storage container for the last two years.
I've just found Robins number in my phone and called him up and in fact he still works for Matrix. (I wasn't sure if he did or not) So I'm in the process of sorting it out.

Sometimes things do break or go wrong, it's how the service to fix them is. I'm happy of the reliability of the amps, as I said had them since 2015 and not skipped a beat.
Biggus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2023 at 4:32pm

@Cravings - Are you selling your 5000MF?

Edited by Biggus - 21 March 2023 at 4:33pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2023 at 4:37pm
don't intend to.. it's just on the shelf because i haven't yet looked into the faff of sending stuff back to the uk for repair since brexit.
 Post Reply Post Reply