Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subs for phl 7090 and Ma5000vz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Racks&Stacks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racks&Stacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subs for phl 7090 and Ma5000vz
    Posted: 30 April 2023 at 2:28am
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

And if you took a little time to look a bit into it, you would notice the Sims are with a RCF "budget" driver. And you would know that Ballister is born with the PHL 7090 driver. Same driver OP has at his disposal.
And it do move air below 50hz.

ah, i missed that very important detail!
Philipnjf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philipnjf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2023 at 7:58pm
Ps. I have had som really nice Bandpass boxes before. Only problem was that I never new which way they would "send" the sound. But they where awesome when working.
Philipnjf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philipnjf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2023 at 7:57pm
Guys. It is worth to mention. That the Mach Ballister is a quarterhorn box. Which means that they are made for use in sets of 4. 4 each side. 8 or 12 etc.
When they are correctly setup. They couple and then it will be no problem hitting the low lows.
I have heard them in big stacks many years ago. And they er really loud. BUT as I stated. I mostly do small jobs. And 4 ballisters would be way over the top. I am looking for 1 or maybe 2 boxes. With the PHLs.

I can also mention that the Mach Ballister i very much Pro Touring box. And it is biuld on the same principle as many other Pro touring Horns.

They perform very well in outdoor venues.

Maybe if I ever get have my own venue I will rebuild them into Ballisters. But for now which box(es) could work?
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2023 at 5:41pm
And if you took a little time to look a bit into it, you would notice the Sims are with a RCF "budget" driver. And you would know that Ballister is born with the PHL 7090 driver. Same driver OP has at his disposal.
And it do move air below 50hz.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racks&Stacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2023 at 1:59pm

Then I must ad that with that amount of drivers (32) the Ballister don't disappoint. Not at all. With 8 in a stack it starts to get fun. Haven't heard 32, but I can tell you that 24 divided into two stacks can move some air!

Based on the sim you posted, i have my doubts it'll move much air below 50hz

The OP has 4, not 8, 24, or 32 to play with
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2023 at 4:54am
Originally posted by Racks&Stacks Racks&Stacks wrote:

What would you prefer for techno then? Some TSW718 or F1 218?

As a start, sure, but i like stuff like the dbh218. For techno, at least get down to 40hz, though. I want more than just a kick and a tiny bit of rumble. My favorite club has 16 f218 for its techno floor and while the kick slams, there is something missing. Obviously not enough to put me off, but I've heard and felt better. I'll gladly trade off a few dB sensitivity for much lower f3

Then I must ad that with that amount of drivers (32) the Ballister don't disappoint. Not at all. With 8 in a stack it starts to get fun. Haven't heard 32, but I can tell you that 24 divided into two stacks can move some air!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racks&Stacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2023 at 12:34am

As a start, sure, but i like stuff like the dbh218. For techno, at least get down to 40hz, though. I want more than just a kick and a tiny bit of rumble. My favorite club has 16 f218 for its techno floor and while the kick slams, there is something missing. Obviously not enough to put me off, but I've heard and felt better. I'll gladly trade off a few dB sensitivity for much lower f3
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2023 at 5:51pm

If I was a dubstep fan, I'd be pretty let down with the ballister frequency response

And if you want techno you would be missing the thump from a horn loaded box. You can't have it all. 
I'd be pretty disappointed with the design for techno, too. f3 is way too high

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racks&Stacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2023 at 4:53pm

If I was a dubstep fan, I'd be pretty let down with the ballister frequency response

And if you want techno you would be missing the thump from a horn loaded box. You can't have it all. 
I'd be pretty disappointed with the design for techno, too. f3 is way too high
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2023 at 7:50pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racks&Stacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2023 at 7:25pm
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2023 at 10:15pm
MA5000 should have no problem pushing 4 drivers in that box. Just don't let it clip. MA3600 and 5000 are notorious for frying coils LOL

But if you want compact then Reflex box at 150L to 200L tuned from 36Hz 
to 38Hz. I would choose Ballister and not have any trouble running only with one set for small gigs. You will loose some LF extension, but you will have a great advantage when all 4 is needed. 4 reflex will not keep up there Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>