Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subs for phl 7090 and Ma5000vz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2023 at 5:41pm
And if you took a little time to look a bit into it, you would notice the Sims are with a RCF "budget" driver. And you would know that Ballister is born with the PHL 7090 driver. Same driver OP has at his disposal.
And it do move air below 50hz.
Philipnjf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philipnjf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2023 at 7:57pm
Guys. It is worth to mention. That the Mach Ballister is a quarterhorn box. Which means that they are made for use in sets of 4. 4 each side. 8 or 12 etc.
When they are correctly setup. They couple and then it will be no problem hitting the low lows.
I have heard them in big stacks many years ago. And they er really loud. BUT as I stated. I mostly do small jobs. And 4 ballisters would be way over the top. I am looking for 1 or maybe 2 boxes. With the PHLs.

I can also mention that the Mach Ballister i very much Pro Touring box. And it is biuld on the same principle as many other Pro touring Horns.

They perform very well in outdoor venues.

Maybe if I ever get have my own venue I will rebuild them into Ballisters. But for now which box(es) could work?
Philipnjf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philipnjf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2023 at 7:58pm
Ps. I have had som really nice Bandpass boxes before. Only problem was that I never new which way they would "send" the sound. But they where awesome when working.
Racks&Stacks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racks&Stacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2023 at 2:28am
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

And if you took a little time to look a bit into it, you would notice the Sims are with a RCF "budget" driver. And you would know that Ballister is born with the PHL 7090 driver. Same driver OP has at his disposal.
And it do move air below 50hz.

ah, i missed that very important detail!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12