Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

21" version of TRS-218

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 8:34am
@snowflake

They probably use the 21NLW9601-04. 

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 10:05am
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

If I get the time this upcoming weekend, I can measure them. It will be outside on a grassy field. 6 each side in end firing setup, 3 layers of 2. 
But one box could be plugged in on its own for measurements. 

But they don't disappoint. 27hz is real. Not f3 real, but they do get down there. 
And can't see why it's a problem with the program power?

I suspect that there is a lot of EQ boost in the DSP settings to get significant 27Hz output - would be interesting to see raw response without DSP applied.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 10:06am
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

@snowflake

They probably use the 21NLW9601-04. 

oh yes probably is. For some reason the -04 version isn't on loudspeakerdatabase.com
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

I suspect that there is a lot of EQ boost in the DSP settings to get significant 27Hz output - would be interesting to see raw response without DSP applied.

I can bypass the DSP if we got time for it. Could be fun to see raw vs processed. 
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 11:01am
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

I can bypass the DSP if we got time for it. Could be fun to see raw vs processed. 

did you get any data?
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2023 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

That youtube channel is mostly bs. So would not trust it.

Correct. And you shouldn't. I have some knowledge about TRS-218 and the drivers in it but with that video, I would end up having something different than the advertised product.
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2023 at 7:09pm
That Utoob channel is, as Pasi states, bullsh1t! Like so many emulators, without knowing the TS parameters of the drivers, it's almost impossible to simply copy the cabinet and stick a 'similar' driver in and expect to get similar results. Add to this that many of the cabs shown on this (and other channels) also have DSP applied to the original drivers and all bets are off as far as simply copying stuff is concerned. Even copying stuff like FIR processing onto another DSP enabled amp isn't going to work either - all this processing is unique to a certain brand of DSP so what works on 'brand A' won't necessarily work the same on 'brand B'. Speaker manufacturers such as Fulcrum have DSP designed for specific makes of amps and using a different combination of DSP/amp could have, at best, poor results and, at worst, catastrophic consequences.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2023 at 11:04am
well this is the best I can get out of two sheets of ply. sensitivity doesn't look much better than a standard ported enclosure of same size but the max output is significantly higher.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12