FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wharfedale D613 woofer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wharfedale D613 woofer
    Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:31am
I don't think so, no evidence of reconing, they both have a distinctive rough dustcap that looks like woodchip and the same cone pressing pattern.

I measured the inductance and the '4R' one is lower than the '8R' one but not by much. I've decided the 4R one can't just be an 8R with shorted turns as it plays better and louder than the 8R one. The extra dc resistance of that coil is reflected in the higher inductance rather than say a poor braid wire which I've ruled out in any case.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 11:50pm
has one been reconed with a different impedence kit maybe?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 10:38pm
I dont know. The boxes both have D613's in them.

Wharfedale offered the cab in either a 4 or 8 ohm version but I'm sure they would have 4 or 8 ohm drivers in under different part numbers!

I'm wondering if the wrong label has been stuck on one of the drivers.
I suppose i could always order a new driver and then we'll know which one is the good one.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 8:38pm
All i could find Kevin is it's a castframe woofer with 3 inch coil, rated at 700w, and is 8 ohms, so your 7.2r driver sounds right, the 2.9r would probably be 4 ohm, so somewhere along the way that 4ohm unit has been swapped or put in the wrong box? 
Be seeing you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 2:13pm
Just wondering if anyone knows the basic specs of these OEM drivers (15in sub woofer with a cast basket).

I have 2 here. The cabs have lost their badges but I am guessing they are an LX15B.

One measures 7.2R and the other measures 2.9R.

The 7.2R driver is noticeably quieter than the other when given the same signal though otherwise they sound ok.

The client reports that 'they dont quite sound right'.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Reply Post Reply