Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mth 46vs question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Joey carlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey carlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mth 46vs question
    Posted: 24 May 2023 at 7:30pm
Interesting , ill look into that!  thanks ๐Ÿ‘

Anyone else built these cabs?  would be good to get opinions! I like them alot.

It isnt a true th from what i can see, almost th / paraflex hybrid maybe? But works great , spl lvl are real good and pretty flat ๐Ÿ‘ 
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 6:02pm
If you place it in the middle of the cone it will be fine. If you make a butterfly routing & backing box, it might even act as a crude cone correction (google it)

Edited by bob4 - 24 May 2023 at 8:12pm
Joey carlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey carlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 10:11am
Hey , not posted her for a while but got the bug again and actually making full use of my sound system๐Ÿ˜…

So i had 18" scoops but wanted to try something different, i like scoop but they always seem to be missing something when playing house music (the normal dip they have) really shows on house music and i wanted something smaller and flatter in the 50-120hz range.

So i see these and thought , easy build, measurements look good and i already have the 18g401 to load in them so i built them (took only a couple of hrs each to knock together)

Really like the sound they produce , compete with scoops in regards to "weight" and also have that higher thump i was after. Really happy.

So my question is , i need to place handle and optimum position is in throat are infront of driver , now will that affect the tuning of cabs? Maybe someone can help me with that? Would be ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks 

Edited by Joey carlo - 23 May 2023 at 10:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply