FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XTA DP and FFA10k

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XTA DP and FFA10k
    Posted: 25 May 2023 at 8:01pm
Quote: "Try getting recone kits from PD for a 186 or F101 have to order 50 pieces with a 3 month lead time."

Shows that they don't keep stock on the shelf, and would have to re-start a short production run to supply kits.

They make rather more money per speaker selling a complete new driver rather than a re-cone kit I would guess.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 3:34pm
If only the chinese could catch up on the quality with audio like they have on LED Wall and Lighting. 
I feel your paid, The lead times for some stuff at the moment is just crazy. Yamaha and Dante forget it.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 12:56pm
Being an old codger with loads of elderly kit I find this post covid " we no longer support legacy products" most frustrating.

Try getting recone kits from PD for a 186 or F101 have to order 50 pieces with a 3 month lead time.

Saying that FK1 are saying 6 months plus for current kit.. 

The world's gone mad..

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 10:28am
Back in the day yeh.......

XTA DP2 series is getting towards write off if the battery has damaged that area on the board.

DP4 series isn't too bad. I had a DX2 that the battery shit it self and they replaced the daughter board with a new one that has a coin cell on it. Wasn't too scary an invoice if i remember correctly.

Personally I wouldn't be buying any DP2 series.

www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 9:30am
ah ok.. doesn't feel like that long since they did some for me, but eh, maybe i'm just getting older...
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 9:29am
Erm.  XTA no longer support their legacy products 

There is an retired XTA  service engineer trading as Black Country audio who will...  https://www.bcaudio.co.uk/

Edited by 4D - 24 May 2023 at 9:31am
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 12:19am
can get an eprom error on startup. xta will sort it for not too much money though.
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 11:57pm
oh yea i heard of that. fucks the board up big time yeah? 
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 6:48pm
Beware the leaky battery scenario with the DP series..  Visual inspection recommended.  Or a photograph if purchasing second hand online..
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 10:18am
despite everything i'm now a funktion one bro :'(

looking for a XTA DP series processor (anything considered) and a FFA10000 to make a "proper" F1 amprack

thanks a lot :)
 Post Reply Post Reply