Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

noise complaint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: noise complaint
    Posted: 25 May 2023 at 10:54pm
Venue I work at has received a letter and a visit from the council about a noise complaint. They are coming back next week.

I suspect the complaint has at least partly been caused by someone who lives in the accommodation above the venue playing music late at night with his window open. Is the entire building covered by the premises licence or just the trading areas?

Anyone have knowledge about this? - not finding any clarification on internet and trying to line up our excuses.

cheers Phil
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 12:26am
I could be talking rubbish but I thought complainants had to complete a 14 day noise diary

I would ask to see a list of dates and times of disturbance and try and match that up with venue activities.

Ideally, they'll have a load of complaint times where the venue was dead / no event / bar only etc
 Post Reply Post Reply