Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T24N Clones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T24N Clones
    Posted: 27 May 2023 at 5:24pm
Anyone tried any of the T24N clones like Sanway’s? 
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 9:36pm
Not worth the cardboard it comes in. 
When the real deal keeps on truckin', the clone needs new drivers.

But it can play music for sure. Like every other knock off on the market. 
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 11:16am
Ah that sucks! Seen them being used on top of some huge setups in mainland Europe so assumed they must of been fairly competent! The search for some small tops continues 
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Esc4pe Esc4pe wrote:

Ah that sucks! Seen them being used on top of some huge setups in mainland Europe so assumed they must of been fairly competent! The search for some small tops continues 

The real deal is more than competent. But if the pricetag is a bit on the hefty side, you could have a look on the Soundgear Orbit 4. Not as powerful, but it's up there Smile
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

Originally posted by Esc4pe Esc4pe wrote:

The real deal is more than competent. But if the pricetag is a bit on the hefty side, you could have a look on the Soundgear Orbit 4. Not as powerful, but it's up there Smile

Orbits are in mind just means I have to have 3 or 4 of them for coverage opposed to a pair but guess the size makes up for it Smile
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 9:45pm
Even the originals are very flawed design from the start. So why would you want a Chinese clone of an already flawed design?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Isitone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isitone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:24pm
Marjan, can you tell a bit more about the mistakes from this cabinet?

Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 9:05am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Even the originals are very flawed design from the start. So why would you want a Chinese clone of an already flawed design?
p

Had no experience with the original just saw the clones being used quite frequently with some huge setups so thought it was worth asking the question 
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 10:03am

There's a pair of them installed in a local live music venue which I often mix FOH at.  I think they're a very impressive design in terms of what you can get out of a very compact cabinet.  All designs have their compromises but I'm always very happy to mix on them.
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

There's a pair of them installed in a local live music venue which I often mix FOH at.  I think they're a very impressive design in terms of what you can get out of a very compact cabinet.  All designs have their compromises but I'm always very happy to mix on them.

You hit the nail on the head there...
Very impressive what it can do, for such a small box.
Sure it can't do the same as something bigger, but it is always a compromise. And if you want portable and lightweight, it's hard to match them Clap
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 9:37pm
I had 8 clones from Sanway. Installed at a venue. The 12's can quickly blow with some abuse, but then you can replace them with 'nicer' drivers. Highs are crisp, they play quite high like bullets. Diaphragms are very inexpensive so if I did blown one it didn't break the bank. The tops are loud as fux in general. Had them high passed at 200 hz or so. The 12's are about 2 mms from the phase plugs so any low end you can start to hear them spank them a bit. For what I paid and what I got I wasn't fussed. They did their innings. I still have em. Decent build on the box too.
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 12:33am

Exactly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>