Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to eq a system?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no1djchaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to eq a system?
    Posted: 08 June 2023 at 10:12pm
so its been a fair few years since i built my system. things have been replaced in between and my original set up did everything i needed and more. ive bought better quality amps recently and a brand new lms. still running 2 186 horns and now 2 wharfedale 15s as mid tops. used to have the 186s doing 50 to 110hz and then met them at 110 and up with my old cabs. am i right thinking i need to add 1 or 2 db at 100hz and crossover at 200hz in future? id like to get this system sounding great. i got bollocked for knocking drinks of the bar with what ive got so its plenty for what i need :) 
they say rome wasnt built in a day? thats because i wasnt on the job
no1djchaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no1djchaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2023 at 10:25pm
i'll add theres a thomann lms, thomann amp 1200 running the 186s that have omega pro 18 4ohm. then a crown amp on the wharfedales. its proper budget stuff but i only play the occasional garden or small venue gig. its more for fun than earning money
they say rome wasnt built in a day? thats because i wasnt on the job
BrainlessTekno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainlessTekno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2023 at 10:41am
hey i have literaly the same setup :D im no help to you but i find it funny that you have same speakers and same amps lol
 Post Reply Post Reply