Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Omnitop 12 build pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundsystemdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Omnitop 12 build pics
    Posted: 22 July 2007 at 10:47pm

Pictured hear with the SD740N on a PH2723 on an adaptor, and the SGLA (Super Gypsie Line Array)
(awaiting furthers coats of navy blue paint)

Loaded with random drivers out of my Wharfedale cabs, and sounding good with a flat and wide response. I had them out at a festy this weekend with nothing but good feedback.

Edited by soundsystemdan - 22 July 2007 at 10:48pm
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2007 at 11:20pm
Thats great I am just getting insomnia to build me some of those so thats very positive feedback!

One question, how are the handle ports for lifting those things? Pleasure or pain?

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
soundsystemdan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundsystemdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2007 at 11:41pm
Could do with being slightly closer to the middle, but then they'd get too close to the braces which will affect their tuning. I put them 1/2" in from what the plans said. They definately are back heavy (I have non Neo drivers in) so they should always be lifted with the back towards you.

Also if you have the plans you'll notice I built them a differently by having the 2nd baffle all as one piece, instead of the two bits down the side with the middle bits put in afterwards.

I'm sure Insomnia will do a better job and use less filler than I did. The wood I used was a bit poor too. Still, it was good experience for if I ever do it (or anything similar) again.

Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 1:35am
No looks pretty good mate certainly about on par with what I could have achieved. Could do with a better paint job but thats just aesthetics

Yeah I will be using neos so that should help a lot

Have you pole mounted them? That was the main thing I was thinking about when lifting, seems like it would be awkward with handles like that but I could be wrong.

Stu

All you need to know is:

My acts:
antimony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antimony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 2:05am
Has anyone got the plans?
thanks
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 8:58am
www.billfitzmaurice.com
All you need to know is:

My acts:
soundsystemdan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundsystemdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Disco Stu Disco Stu wrote:

Have you pole mounted them?
No, I generally put more speakers where a pole would go.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 11:00am
Looks a bit like this:

Edited by _djk_ - 23 July 2007 at 11:05am
djk
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 12:35pm
Dan....
fooking good job there mate...
they look spanking!!!!
sorry again i couldnt make it to Illckley for the big testing!!
peace,
N
Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 3:48pm

Stu,

Why do you think it is that people on this site will often post plans from speaker comapines and other sources, but I've never seen a bill fitz plan anywhere.

Does paying for it really not make you want to share it. Thats a perfect business.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 6:25pm
Yea, lets see them then
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 6:35pm
Aye Rog has shown you his, now its your turn to show us yours Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>