Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Omnitop 12 build pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by DAVID_L_PERRY DAVID_L_PERRY wrote:

Originally posted by Rog Mogale Rog Mogale wrote:

.......Does paying for it really not make you want to share it. Thats a perfect business.

I have purchased the full set of plans from Bill
I would not share them purely on the grounds that it's his request not to do so and his business loss if I did so. 

The reality is that the plans cost very little to an individual, and are way more than simple drawings, and have masses of construction photos.

When you are posting on Bills forum, the man himself will answer generally within a few hours of the post being made....they are genuinely worth every penny in my view.

The plans are constantly being updated and anybody who has purchased a set of plans can obtain the latest version free of charge as long as they can confirm the original purchase date and email...

Dave

btw i wasn't suggesting its ok to distribute the plans, 100% agree with David L Perry.

I wonder how much that level of advice/aftercare would cost from a utility company or a major brand ... technics enigneers want £75 a hour labour ... not that their expertise isn't hard earned mind, just not essentially free is it ...especially considering how well bill must know his product.

AlfieDring View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfieDring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2007 at 12:52am
Any more pics of these omni's? How heavy do they end up?  If i built them with the bottom section out of 18mm ply would it be safe to put a tophat in and pole mount them or are they too big / heavy?

Alf
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 10:50am
You wont need to build them with 18mm ply the 12mm is strong enough but if you feel a need to reinforce just put a double thickness of ply where the top hat should go.

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
JazzyRick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazzyRick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 1:16pm
Ridiculous. The copyright isn't just in regards to the layout and look of a cabinet. Bills plans are 20-30 pages of instructions with pictures and diagrams. This isn't a 2 page CAD drawing with some measurements on it. Even if it was it's Bills right to sell them and profit from the sales of the plans. Some people give away plans that only work well with certain drivers that can't be gotten anywhere but through the cabinet designer to make money. Some choose to just charge a nominal fee for the plans.

$15 USD for a set of speaker plans, when you are probably going to spend upwards of $300 USD for the speakers is nothing. There is certainly enough information over there on Bills site that you can surmise whether the design is a good one for you before you buy them.
-Richard Rajchel

The Cool Waters Band
http://www.coolwatersband.com
CD Duplication by Vector CDs
pooju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by JazzyRick JazzyRick wrote:

$15 USD for a set of speaker plans, when you are probably going to spend upwards of $300 USD for the speakers is nothing. There is certainly enough information over there on Bills site that you can surmise whether the design is a good one for you before you buy them.

not being difficult Rick, but doesn't this forum do that and more? its just up to the consumer not the designer to make a judgment on what to trust and compile?

- but you're dead right that his plans/guide does give you a lot more reassurance than plain schematics if your experience isn't equal to Bills. 
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 8:37pm
Jazzy Rick has raised an interesting point in my mind, because what bill sells are merely plans, if an occasion came about where someone built one of these plans and then someone thought it looked like a preexisting product... who would be liable? The designer for the design or the builder for building the design?

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234