Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

x1 need 2 men to lift?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 1:10pm

Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Yeah, but that 80 kilos includes a PL230 and a PL236 plus processors so it is a significant weight loss

Missed the bit about having amps in both options! Thought when it was passive it meant non-active ? So how much would it weigh without the amp and gubbins inside....any ideas?

.p.

Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 2:01pm

The 80 kilos is for the passive box, it's 104kg with the amps...

"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 3:48pm
Sorry, my bad
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 3:13am

@jerry,

I'd really appreciate some details.  Perhaps you could post details about the raw materials initially so we can investigate how to buy them, and then follow up with some constructional details / photos later?

jerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 12:58pm

yoo Andrew

You will need to find a source for the honeycomb core material.You will need a good compressor,to create the vacuum in the building process.I buy my core from tricell in california,but there are lots of companys making this stuf.I will post some pictures of this stuf over the weekend.I need my buddy to take them as I do not have a camera.Details of the building process will follow later.

Cheers

Jerry

jerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 12:21pm

Yoo Andrew

I have the pictures,but cant figure out how to get them online Any volenteers to put this on?E-mail me and I will forward them you and then anyone can see this.The sheets come 48/96,but this one is allready cut to the size I need.

Cheers

Jerry

csijo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 10:53am

Excuse Me IF I ask something stoopid

I want build a boxes for two audio pipe 12" woofers so i want a box easy to build and efficient to get the a god or the best SPL & low Frecuency for that woofers, the X1 looks easy but i cannot find plans for 12" drivers, so is posible use a mathematical rule to resize the plans like:

18"
45.7cm = 80cm
12"
30.5cm =  X

my question is:
That formula can be aplied to all the sizes of the X1 18" to obtain the idela sizes for a X1 12"?

If somebody can help i will aprecciate.

Thanks

Jose Ortega
Venezuela

Audio Fanatics, Bass lover
csijo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 10:55am

the driver is an audiopipe TXX-F12 and the specifications are here:
http://www.rnlaudio.com/audiopipespecs.html
the pic is here:

I live in Venezuela and here is dificult find information for me hobby: the audio
I will apreciate the help that you can bring me.

Thanks
Jose Ortega

Audio Fanatics, Bass lover
whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 11:09am

Unfortunately, that driver would be useless in a scaled down X1. It has a sensitivity of 86db, it the driver will just tear apart with anything more than low volume.

Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 6:49pm

Just going back a bit ive never EVER heard a decent sounding plastic box.

Weight you may lose but you can most certainly hear the plastic if anyone wants to point me in the direction of a plastic box that does sound good please do.

If you want the aesthetic look and durability of a plastic shell then build your box out of 15mm ply and then paint on several layers of a hardening plastic layer like they use on kayaks to make up another 3-5mm. I have seen this work quite effectively particularly in outdoor situations!

Alternatively if you want maximum sound deadening then use 18mm ply and paint over that

All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234