Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V1200 in a looney review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V1200 in a looney review
    Posted: 06 August 2007 at 11:22am

4 V-1200 looneys, 2 Stasys 3 mk. 2, run with a mk2 infinite 8, kryo 5.4 and XTA 226.

Looneys sounded very nice, at this stage they seemed to have a much flatter response than my old ones but during the rush on saturday to get them finished one of the drivers was accidently wired up + to - resulting in some issues at the club. It wasn't that they sounded bad, they were moving a shed load of air but musically something was missing.

the next day we took them up the lock-up and had a play whilst testing out dave t s new t.amp 3400 located the problem cab and un-plugged it. you could notice the difference instantly as that classic hard hitting sound of the looney came out but the honk that people associate with these cabs was not apparent with the source material we were  using.

Frequency response seemed nice and flat but with no way available to us of measuring it at the time it was done with good old ears and opinion.

As Rog is still un-shure of the cones ability to withstand being horn loaded i'm going to run them up a few more times in different scenarios before giving my final opinion.

few pics of the saturdays madness:

j_0_e View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j_0_e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 11:32am
they look so nice..Clap
D_Racer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D_Racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 2:04pm
Did sound very nice mate.

Take note mr Savo if u see this mateWink
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 2:17pm
You could do with painting the inside of those handles, but yeah very nice my favourite design right now, panda sound, white on the inside and nice hardwearing black on the outside, at least the smoke wont discolour the white any more! 

Go looney pandas!

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 11:17am
They would looked like a F1 cab is you had finished the external colour in Blue !
Sticks n Stones
chilli View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2007 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by CHAMPION CHAMPION wrote:

They would looked like a F1 cab is you had finished the external colour in Blue !

or purple even
waal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2007 at 9:03pm
how do you get the looney bin plans, i cant find them??
i love my sound system, but i want to go louder and louder. its never loud enough
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2007 at 9:55pm
1850 plans slightly modified... not publicaly released plans.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 3:32am
modified to make the best out of a driver that isn't publicly available either.....
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2007 at 1:22pm
i got hold of some Thumbs%20Up
jozoraz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jozoraz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 9:30pm
do you use 4mm or 2,5mm cables for the connection between the speakon plug and the driver ?
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 3:06pm
ive used 4mm from thomann.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>