Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eighteensound's 12LW1400 in Punisher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vitke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Contour Contour wrote:

But I do not know if the cone will stay one part with high power usage over longer time. The only way to find out is to try.

Best regards,

Walt

Hi,
I asked at x-max.de, if the cone will survive in that horn.
They told me, that the cone is so hard, that it should be impossible to damage it due to compression.

MfG chris
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Vitke Vitke wrote:

Originally posted by Contour Contour wrote:

But I do not know if the cone will stay one part with high power usage over longer time. The only way to find out is to try.

Best regards,

Walt

Hi,
I asked at x-max.de, if the cone will survive in that horn.
They told me, that the cone is so hard, that it should be impossible to damage it due to compression.

MfG chris
Well ask them when it rips can they replace it?
Vitke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vitke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

Well ask them when it rips can they replace it?

He said, because of the fact that the cone is so extreme robust, cracks in the cone would be a warranty case, so that I would get a new one. He gives a 10 year guarantee for such damage at his chassis.

I hope i translated it accurate.
If someone can speak german, i can send the original text.

MfG chris
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 4:54pm
My friend, you are listening to a salesman
Buy it ,try it?
I have tested the ciare and ripped it, I then built my own with a tougher cone, ripped that one.
I have ripped 3 in total and have ended up with the one I am satisfied with, and It has a ridiculously hard cone.
You cant bend the cone with your fingers, if you can with this driver? all I can say is good luck. 
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

My friend, you are listening to a salesman
Buy it ,try it?
I have tested the ciare and ripped it, I then built my own with a tougher cone, ripped that one.
I have ripped 3 in total and have ended up with the one I am satisfied with, and It has a ridiculously hard cone.
You cant bend the cone with your fingers, if you can with this driver? all I can say is good luck. 

Just out of curiosity mykey, how many Punishers loaded with your drivers are out there in the world? Did you ever send one over here for testing? I'd really like to A-B test one against a Ciare loaded Punisher, and have more than enough of the boxes!
Vitke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vitke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 5:32pm
This doesn't sound very good. Maybe i try the 18sound in a few month, anyway he guarantee it. So, if i buy it, i will report my experiances to you.

MfG chris
Sibulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sibulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 7:58pm
Mykey, I would LOVE to hear this driver, send one over to the UK, and we can see if it really has what you say it has! ;)

Money/mouth time!
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 5:46am

Give Martin a ring, he has 1 waiting for you to test.

It was sent with the 15's that JBL has.

I wasn't trying to sell this guy anything just telling him to be careful.
everdark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everdark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 10:02pm
Gentlemen. would you be so kind explaining me how could it happen to have the woofer RIPPED????
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2007 at 3:16am

The area shown is too small, and will only take certain drivers.
it's ment to say...'Lots' of pressure 

Edited by mykey - 22 September 2007 at 3:30am
everdark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everdark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 9:56pm

why not making the speaker door here (maybe displacing the interferring elements a lil' backward may help)
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 11:40am
I doubt the 12" Ciare will fit through that small hole. Also it will be almost impossible to tighten the bolts to hold the driven in place.

Best regards,

Walt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>