Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 cutlist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GIVEorTAKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD15 cutlist
    Posted: 04 September 2007 at 10:48pm
I have been busy finishing this file, please tell if you see any errors, improvement...

adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 10:58pm
lookin good man.

Where are the braces for the mouth.. mine were slightly curved.. cant see that in your cut list???

or are you making 5 section horns now?
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 11:04pm
remember to take into account the width of the saw blade

plz tell me you are going to get this cut by b and q my man!!!  Even if you have already bought it just take it there and say you bought it from there but now need it cut to length.

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 04 September 2007 at 11:05pm
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 11:12pm

I didn't put the braces because I'll cut them my self, this cutlist is for B&Q tomorrow.I will use your jig for the curved section.

I hope that the guy at the timber cutting will take the width of the saw blade in account.I made the cut list so that he can set the dimensions for the panels and do them easily and accurately, always starting the dimension from the side of the new panel...(if it makes sense :)

10 minutes for the first reply that was fast !LOL

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 11:26pm

when you take it there i find it easier to give them the cut sheet for one sheet at a time otherwise they get confused. so to make life easier print each sheet on a single spiece of a4 paper.

also take your own measuring tape with you and check the first cut to make sure its within tolerance.

the best way to do it is to set the machine up once for each dimension, for example get all the 472mm pieces cut, then the 578mm pieces, etc.  plus it stops them getting pissed off with you.

i will have a quick check of your dimensions now but i think i have already spotted one mistake

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 11:30pm
The trouble is mine are 11 laminates and quite dirty from 6 month storage, it won't work for b&q...
I need to make a bed frame for my room so I'll use them for that and some X1 or moded wicked-one later.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 11:34pm
i dont think you should cut the angled pieces [ie the baffle and corner pieces] exactly to size as you will need some extra material to be able to cut the angles out.  i would cut it to the exact width [472mm] and have the length abit longer... something like 550mm

i found it easier this way but if you are happy to be able to cut the angle to that 0.00mm tolerance the feel free to try it!

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 04 September 2007 at 11:36pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 11:38pm
also i dont see the access panel on your sketch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 11:38pm
it's based on this version:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/f8ceyx

used in Google SketchUp v6

Autocad version, don't know if the export fonction worked:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/23coht

Edited by GIVEorTAKE - 05 September 2007 at 12:17am
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 11:39pm
Just noticed something...

I think mine might be differnt to your way of doing things.. both of you actually..

My mouth brace actually runs to the back of the cab and is sandwidched between the 2 corners (if you see what I mean).

We did it like this for ease of construction.. and also better strength in the brace...

just thought I would chuck that in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:12am
sandwidched between the 2 corners : I can't remember the shape of yours,I thought they were as per plan.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:20am
i think these are the two options adam is referring too

img103/5350/83328499hx0.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>