Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 cutlist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:21am

I'm talking about the bit labeled "brace x 1" in the plan, top drawing.. mine actually goes to the back of the cab, the corner piece is actually 2 pieces in my version.

This way, when the brace is put in its nice and tight against the curve and the corner of the box... solid bracing for the curve.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:23am
almost kuldip...

sorta like the left version, but the brace goes all the way back to the rear wall all square.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:25am
if the the cab was a curve not a sectional curve it would meet the back wall square
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:27am

as shown here

img514/575/91082400zq5.jpg
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:27am
no.. it goes through the triangle bit thats black in your pic.. damn thats hard to explain.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:27am
oh i get it

adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:29am
the brace ends up almost like a rectangle.. but with one curved side... i'm not making this very clear am i....
GIVEorTAKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:30am
I get it ! nice. I will remove 18mm on the Orange part and cut it in half.I am sure it  provides a better bracing.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:30am
like this you mean...

img514/4605/72514756nr6.jpg
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:33am
YES!!! but a bit more curvey on the face that meets the curve.

So the angled baffle (corner bit) is made up of 2 parts.. and sandwiches the brace.

Don't you just hate non-engineers trying to describe something technical.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:37am
Basically the main brace is extended and bisects the corner piece.

interesting idea... do you think it made much of a difference?
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 12:50am
no idea.. they didnt seam to rattle did they... I just mentioned it as it also makes them easier to assemble.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>