Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rig test tracks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rig test tracks.
    Posted: 11 September 2007 at 10:46am
Hi folks,
Looking for rig test tracks so if anyone has any recomendations for different genres itd be good, perhaps we could compile the ultimate rig test cd. Smile
My favourite all rounder at the minute is peter gabriel sledge hammer. Some of the lord of the rings stuff is good as well.
Passionate about live events.....http://www.epasolutions.co.uk     wwww.stageduk.co.uk
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 10:55am
Depends what you think makes a good test track, I would be much more interested to see transient response of a bass bin when driven with a complex signal and how a system deals with distortion in tracks more than low end extension which is irrelevant for most music but useful for home theatre, you wont have heard of it but I think a track by Phillip Thompson (Kiki/ILL) called Berzerkey would work quite well - its a breakbeat style, with samples from detuned metal and a nice sub bass rumble in the middle over a 16th note programmed hardcore kickdrum, I picked up his CD after hearing it in the Cyberdog clothes shop in Camden and it rules very hard.

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 11:03am
Rog had some wicked test tracks at the mid top shoot out.. really wanna get a hold of those CDs.. Rog..can you tell us the track names / artists?

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 11:08am
I'm gonna do a list of my fav's
this could be good for all of us to put a list up.
Rog has some goodies, but i think he could do with some more.
try Grace Jones...SLAVE TO THE RYTHM. Ccan anyone remember that opening sound ....TIIIINNNNGGGGGGGGGGG? great to test your tops.

Normaly the first thing i chuck on is a bit of Clapton, that voice and guitar does the trick.

But just lately i've been putting on BOLLYWOOD MOVIE MUSIC their voices just do it for me.
And all the Indian instruments are lush.

Edited by mykey - 11 September 2007 at 11:09am
Uncle Jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 11:27am

system check by ed solo + brockie

goes through all the sweeps, has 33hz, 50hz and 66hz tones, phase check then drops into some utterly disgusting drum bass - jeffrey cranked that over the 9bar stack at carnival and i think he may have loosened a few bowels . . .
wish i could change my username!
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 11:34am
Originally posted by adambomb adambomb wrote:

Rog had some wicked test tracks at the mid top shoot out.. really wanna get a hold of those CDs.. Rog..can you tell us the track names / artists?

Seconded, 20Hz test track please!
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 11:39am
Originally posted by adambomb adambomb wrote:

You have more chance of winning all the worlds lotterys all on the same dayLOL.
But I can tell you he has some Joni Mitchell tracks. 
It took him 25 years to collect that lot, do your own and impress us.

Edited by mykey - 11 September 2007 at 11:40am
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 12:06pm

There are a few test CD 's about one of which is the Alan Parsons CD. apart from music which we don't use, we use the guns and trains track to impress.
There is a CD made by a HI FI brand called Usher This is for checking ultimate fidelity. So, no crazy exaggerated bass on this one.
We have been playing THE SMURF for years both vinyl and cd. Excellent to show off dynamics and fidelity.
The rest of our demo cat is too large to mention
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 12:51pm
i got a good audio setup cd form ebay. cost about £5

it has 99 tracks from 20hz to 20000, pink noise white noise, sweeps from 20 to 20,000, phase, stereo swwps the lot. i will try and find the link for you.
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 1:04pm
One of the vocal tracks used on the Stasys is Stacey Kent - What The World Needs Now. Might be worth buying one of her albums, very nice.
Lighting, sound & staging hire
www.eventstore.co.uk
www.pauljamespromotions.com
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 1:19pm
here ya go...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Speaker-Subwoofer-Audio-Equipment-Set-Up-Test-CD_W0QQitemZ300147576707QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1504QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
Matute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 1:44pm
well, i think this is a very subjective matter... for testing i would use (in no particular order):

Depeche Mode - The sinner in me (from Playing the Angel album)
Depeche Mode - Precious (from Playing the Angel album)
Jack Johnson - Breakdown (from In Between Dreams album)
Jack Johnson - The three R's (from Curious George album)
Dire Straits - Money for nothing (from Brothers in Arms album)
Peter Gabriel - In your eyes (from Real World album)
Pink Floyd - Wish you where here (from Pulse album)
Pink Floyd - Comfortably numb (from Pulse album)
Pink Floyd - Run like hell (from Pulse album)
Beck - Elevator music (from The Information album)
AC/DC - Hells Bells (from Back to Black album)
Alan Parsons - Mammagamma '04 (from A Valid Path album)
Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries
OST from Gladiator movie
Vangelis - Mythodea album

and many more... but these would be fundamental...

cheers,

Matías
"Hmm... difficult to see... always in motion is the future..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>