Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matamp Super-nova mixer.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 8:52pm
Just picked up on this thread. Froggy designed the layout for this one. He had no 1 and I had number 2. I think the picture on the front of the mag was mine. I had made the ali stucco flight case so they they used it for the picture. My contribution at that time to Matamp was do advise on the 4 way x/o they did. Mat was a good friend who used to keep me up untill the small hours talking about kit.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by godathunder godathunder wrote:

are matamp the same company as orange (guitar amps)

They are not the same company, But at the start Matt was making the orange amps. I believe at one time Cliff Cooper and matt were partners
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 9:57pm
Tony, I seem to remember Matamp made virtually the same amps as Orange but under their own brand and in green????
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2007 at 9:34am
Thats interesting Tony,do you still have your one? i spoke to the guys at Matamp,they only made around 300 of these in total,so they must be the rarest mixer about nowdays...as they were so expensive new,most were sold as club installs,and a few went to DJ`s home studios,and some to radio 1 roadshow...Froggy had one,and John Dean as well,everyone i have spoken to who used one reckoned they were the best DJ mixer built.
Be seeing you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2007 at 5:19pm
Ian, Just picked up this thread. I sold mine to a club in Southend many years ago. I also did the first install in a club for that mixer. It was for louis Brown at the Val bon club in london. Mat had given me the job. It was a good move, as I later installed the whole club with sound. Also did Skindals in Maidenhead for him.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2007 at 6:55pm

Just had it serviced,with a few pots changed and then repainted the case....

Be seeing you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2007 at 8:36pm
Looking smart Ian. Bit of audio history there
Jon Ovel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Ovel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 9:39pm
Hi There
 New to these pages, does anyone no of a good super nova for sale?
Jon Ovel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Ovel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 9:46pm
do you know of any other super novas for sale?
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 10:44pm
Hi Jon...they are quite rare...owing to the fact that only around 300 were ever made.....if i hear of another,will let you know.....they do occasionally pop up on Ebay to.
Be seeing you.
pezza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 2:48pm
Hi JBL
I bought my Supernova in the mid 80's - I've still got it but don't use it anymore - and how do I miss that quality. The best mixer I ever had and wonderful build quality. Easily better than the two mixers I've had since - a Pioneer DJM500 and an Allen & Heath Xone 62 - Both clever but sadly lacking any real quality.  I have the circuit diagrams for the Mixer if anyone is interested.
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 4:55pm
Please PM me. How would you say it compares to a Bozak (or derived design)?
Away on extended leave.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>