Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ls2000 nexo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ls2000 nexo
    Posted: 02 October 2007 at 9:22pm
hi anyone got plans for these?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 9:58pm
will be able to do some soon - im getting 4 in january!
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 10:10am
hi thanks that would be good ,regards
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 10:14am
4 0f them , where are you based ? about 5 years ago the company i worked for sold 4 of them , as i wasnt set up then ,didnt have a chance to do it my self
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 5:37pm
im based in luton, but im buying them from france. who did you work for?
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 6:19pm
oh right  , i worked for a company called chasestereo promotions used to do a lot of indoor and outdoor events and concerts , used to use ls2000 under ev t251+s, they have got a lot of kick i think in my eyes one of the best subs i have ever used , i know the company sold them in this country i think they did end up near your area , must admit you will build muscles lifting them in and out
regards
djstefanos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djstefanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 8:31pm
any thing new on this sub? 
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 9:09pm
i havent picked mine up yet, but have paid the deposit so i know they are not going anyware else. ill be happy to open them up and have a measure up once ive got them as they look like a very clever design - push pull 6th order bandpass. its an old design so im sure nexo wont mind.
interesting to see that by nexos own mesurements and specs the ls2000 outperforms the current alpha s2 sub in every way - lower, louder etc! i guess they had to make the s2 the same format as the rest of the rig...
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 9:07am
lets say 4 of them kick a lot of butt ! if you had more of them just rip you to bits they defantly go right low and loud, we use to use them on qsc amps  , csg whats your intended use for these ?
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 1:57pm
This was copied off one in a club we worked at. Fixed the 18" because they ran the controller without wiring the sese-drive. I tink it sclose enough, I did the measuring in the dark.

img255/938/nexols1200jd4.jpg
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 5:11pm
good plan, but thats the ls1200, not the ls2000 which is a twin 18 and very different beast. the ls1200 is an interesting unit though, how did they work without the controller?

im intending on using my ls2000 with 4 stacks of nexo si2000 to fill in the 25 - 50hz band. from 50 up the si2000 bins are great, but they just miss that bottom octave. the rig doesent get used a great deal, but i do have a few jobs for it over the summer.
once ive got the whole rig sorted properly i might be offering a free hire or two so i can get everything tuned up right before the summer. Amp wise, ill be using an amp which is identical to a camco tecton 32.4 (yes, identical, ive carried out a detailed comparison), as i use these amps on the rest of the rig. they output 1600w / ch to 4 ohms, so i will be offering each sub 3200w ( the controller will restrict this, but i hate running amps hard)

will keep you posted
chris
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 5:49pm

we used a berry ultracurve instead of controller work very well , the amps sound good any chance of giving us the brand

regards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>