Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ls2000 nexo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2008 at 9:48pm
hows your new babies?? did you have to travel far into france to collect ? regards
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2008 at 10:47pm
ony a 700mile round trip.

well, these are unique subs - i sent them out with a 5k club hire last weekend as a freebie extra, so i could fire them up properly. when you first turn them on, you think whats the fuss about? - there not doing much. then you listen, and realise they are adding such a deep but dry foundation to the music, you cant hear the transition from the bass to the sub.

the nexo controller brings them in at 28hz, and out at 55 or 75 hz, depending on the rig you are using above them, and they integrate seemlessly. they dont sound that loud on their own, but 28 to 55 or 75hz never will. they just sound completely different and natural. quite a supprise. very different and much cleaner sounding than the newer alpha s2 sub.

im going to be taking a look inside over the next couple of days, and will take some pics then. not long i promise!
i think a lot of the dryness is due to the controller. the full range signal goes in the ls2000 controller, and that controler has a filtered main system output to feed into the td controller for the main rig ( in my case si2000 or msi-v). This will have a lot to do with the feeling of integration. after all, it was designed to work together.

I think these will make a very interesting diy project - these i think will work much better then most nexo speakers without the controller. a good setting on a good lms unit will sort that out.

will be back soon with pics
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 8:07pm
so which part of the uk are you from ? what kind of thing do you do, pa hire ? regards
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 9:10pm
i saw Chris's ls2000 today...its alot smaller then i thought it would be.

some should design some sort of horn for it to try and make it abit more directional/louder

img231/2680/82572822av6.jpg

as the port is in the middle of the cab it would be quite easy to knock something up

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 11:19pm
im based in luton, but travel around a fair bit. i do a bit of pa hire, but its only really a serious hobby, as im a concert lighting rigger by trade.

good to meet you Heathrow, and put a face to a name. since im so useless at CAD, it would be great if you could model the ls2000 and also the matching si2000 bass bin at some point, i can lend you one of each for a week or so at some point.

To all those interested in the l sub, the si2000 bass section will be well worth looking at. its efficiency matched, power matched and is designed to work with the ls2000. it runs from 55 to 250hz when used with the ls2000. and interestingly, as its a hot topic at the mo, it is a horn using a reflex tuned rear chamber. i can testifty that pairs of these used together are brutal in a very rare way!

since these subs are designed to do a similar job to the f1 infrasub, it would make a very interesting project to have a look at some flares to improve directivity and throw when used outside. Might need some more experienced horn brains than mine though.

So, Stevo, and all others interested, soon we should have some good plans to work from.

On the diy front, i have also fired these up now without the nexo td controller to see how they performed on a standard controller. the good news is that they seem to operate without the proprietry controller well, but obviously you loose the protection that the controller gives, so need to be more carefull when using high powers ( and nexo recommend 1200w rms per driver, 2400w per bin for full output).
i have also identified the driver as being the rcf l18-p200-4, so copies could be made using the correct driver. this will be critical as this design needs drivers with very low response and resonance as it runs to 28hz! good news is that these drivers are available, and not stupid money ( 180 quid)
Heathrow - one  speaker modeling oportunity might be late feb, early march when im quiet. let me know if you might have enough time around then

ps those hd215's look great, im looking forward to putting those rcf l15 p200ak's in and having a listen.
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 12:28am
im from suffolk framlingham , been doing dj 'ing and pa hire for a company for 10 years decided to go solo a year ago as i didnt like the the way they worked ! its my life addicted to music , if i recall that company had upgraded the drivers to RCF 18P300's
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 9:02am
whether thats an upgrade is debatable - with the nexo controllers changing drivers has the efect of removing the protection the controller gives, as the controller no longer had the right model of the driver buit in. the l18-300 is a great driver, but also does not drop as low as the 200.
i have been toying with the idea of trying some of the neo 18's from b&c , and having a listen, but the more i think about it, the more i think that they should be left as nexo designed them.
of courese, i might be wrong, and the bin might run better with rcf  300's inside!

Edited by csg - 10 February 2008 at 2:48pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 1:47pm
i cant find any info on th ls2000 or si2000 [in english anyway]

anyone got any datasheets they could share?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 2:40pm
if you go to the nexo site and do a search for ls2000 or  si2 it should bring up pdfs of the original spec sheets / service manuals. you may need to register on the site though, but that is simpe enough. they do have english pdfs for both systems. let me know if you are still stuck

Edited by csg - 10 February 2008 at 2:47pm
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:43pm
Heathrow_B_line, did you find data sheets ok ?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 12:57am
to be honest i have been abit busy/side tracked with other things so i havent got round to signing up with nexo etc.  i will try doing it when i have a spare moment
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 2:08pm
I've got all the SI docs saved locally so if they've gone missing from anywhere i can upload them somewhere.

Be interested in a LS2k plan if ones ever done as my friend who owns the SI2k rig has been looking for some DIY subs to go under them
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>