Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ls2000 nexo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 8:05pm

i have the data sheets now, many thanks to all. 

so the x1 is 100-101db/w and the ls2000 is 106db/w, does this mean one ls2000 cab would sound just as loud as 4 x1's or am i wrong?  also can someone post up or send me the si2000 data sheet as all i can find is the service manual for the controller.

lastly has anyone duplicated the nexo controller setting to a standard speaker management system, for example the ultradrive, and if so can they post them up

cheers
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 8:43pm
i guess you could replicate the eq function of the controller using a spectrum analiser and analzing the rig with the processor in line , and then using a good parametric to simulate. all the other functions ( servo feedback functions etc) will be impossible to replicate as they are not functions covered by any management systems i am aware off.
HBL, sign in to the nexo site, and put si2 in the search box. this should being up the product brochure and spec sheets in english and french. If you are still having trouble i will see if i can copy and pdf it.

Norty, i have recently been playing with some Beyma neo units which may be good replacements for the audax mids - ive just put a pair into my nexo pc115w monitors which use the same mid drivers, and sound quality wise, they are spot on.
PAP are going to be talking to beyma to see if they can match the cone profile / dust cap of the audax driver so phase plug issues can be avoided, and apparently they can do small runs of oem variants of standard drivers, so that is looking promising. we would need to get some new back bowls made up in fibreglass, but that should be easy enough. so hopefully we will soon have a replacement solution for the mid driver
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 11:08pm
what are the si2 like? never heard or seen them
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 10:44pm
sodding loud with a great life to the sound. very quick bass with good transient response. a very very loud rig for its size.

HBL, if you just need to remove the side access panel and the drivers to mesure the l sub up, that is fine. i am happy to give you a hand with that one day. same goes for the si2000 bass section - we must get around to it soon!
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 12:54am
if you think its possible Chris we can have a go, how simple is the layout?  any chance you can take the drivers out and t5ake a few pics so we have a rough idea what we are dealing with?

also can someone post up the si2000 info as i have had no luck finding them.  cheers
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 7:26pm
did you find info si2000 ? would like to have a read
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 9:58pm
Hmm, looks as if Nexo have changed their site and stuff is in a different place now.  You need to have a login I believe, then go to Support, then Archived Documents.  All of the SI2 and LS docs are there.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 11:26pm
any news on the ls2000?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 9:57pm
sorry to keep you waiting Stevo, im sure ill tie up with HBL soon to do a drawing. too busy with work at the moment.
got a pair of them going out tommorrow for a small club night - if i remember ill take the camera - im going to use them with my si2000 for the first time - should be interesting ( 12kw in a 8x10m room!)
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 10:40pm
I logged in,found some in french
It looks like the mid pinches in abit at 2khz.

Ah ha english with NICE measurements!
http://www.nexo-sa.com/user/data/tech_MiniIntegratedSystem_brochure_UK.pdf
http://www.nexo-sa.com/asp/catalogue/catalogue.asp?p=1&m=n&linkid=773&prodcode=&q=&sortby=&perpage=&year=&catid=&subcatid=&subcatid2=

Edited by tb_mike - 03 March 2008 at 10:52pm
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 7:08am
how did the si get on with ls in the club?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 8:44pm

very well - seemless integration between the ls and si bins - only a very small room, and totally over the top, but i did sound really sweet - pissed off the club as it sounded 10 times better than their main room!

Ive yet to use the ls subs in a big room - in my experience low subs need a bit pf space to breath to work properly and can sound a bit strangled in small rooms, so if they sound good in a small room, im keen to hear what they can do in a more open enviroment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>