Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ls2000 nexo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 9:04pm
you need to try those horns. buy me some mdf and i will knock you some up for a laugh

ps i will try building the ls2000 with some pd1850 drivers... what do you think?  when i get the plan i will try and model it up in winsid
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 9:31pm
ls2000 is a bp6 with 2x18" ??
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 9:35pm
yes
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

yes
Howcome it sounds so good thenBig%20smile
Whats the magic? is it because the si2000 reaches to ~50hz well ?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 12:37am
when i get my hands on some i will let you know
lol

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 9:49pm

its a deal HBL, im interested to see if we can do a kind of infrahorn for these. im back from hols soon, so we can finally have a look at these subs

Mike - when using with the si2000, the ls2000 only run 28 - 55hz, and when used with the smaller msi system, they run from 28 - 75Hz. i think that both sides of the bandpass have been tuned quite close together to help overall sensitivity and output.

tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 10:26pm
Ah - A narrow bandwidth would help the BP6.I remember being silly with winisd years ago and making super peaky 40hz-50hz F3 Bp6 designs,wondering if they would have +15dB gain heh.

A few si2000s for SO many people! Page 157+ of show your sound system thread.
Whats the trickyness with the midbass folded horns??

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 7:19am

perhaps the power handling - using the td controller i safely put 1600w rms into each 15" driver ( modified rcf l15 p200ak 4 ohm), so am using 3.2k per bin. they are efficient as well - most people assume they are 4th order bandpass horns but they are longer horns with compression plates infront of the drivers, and a reflexed rear chamber which adds significant output to the lower area of frequency output. they are a very musical and articulate bin which when used in pairs go supprisingly low and are very punchy - excellent transient attack.

the only problem i have with this rig is it phisically looks too small for a lot of people - i frequently get comments asking where the rest of the rig is.......untill i turn it on!

stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 4:40pm
hi  hows it getting on ?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 11:14pm

sorry to keep you all waiting for plans - im just too busy with work at the mo. i keep thinking that the next week will be quieter, but its not panning out.

I have decided that i want to build another 4 ls2000's so plans will definately have to be made.

VlatkoT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VlatkoT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 11:36pm
waiting for it
Why to live 7 days like a poor idiot When you can live 100 years like billioner
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 6:24pm
no promises but i may be able to get afew of these made on a cnc depending on the timing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>