Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ls2000 nexo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2008 at 10:38pm
i too wire the sence lines direct without a resistor, and have never had any trouble. good quality cable and good soldering technique should safeguard against short circuits
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:02pm

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:03pm

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:14pm

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:15pm

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:16pm

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:22pm

so, some internal pics of the ls2000. the first pic is a si2000 bin with the side off. work has started on making some plans for these with the aim of getting some additional cabs made by cnc.

Marcello - on one note that may interest you, i have had some concern that the drivers in my subs have seen better days - all the coils and cones are fine, no scrapes / rips etc, but the suspention feels too loose.

this afternoon i reconed one of the drivers with an rcf l18 p200-4 recone kit and the new cone feels much better and stiffer as you would expect from a pa driver.

it might be worth checking your drivers to see if they are gettong loose. mine were last reconed 9 years ago, with original parts. i should imagine the re-coned drivers will sound much better.

Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 11:05pm

Good session Chris... really learnt alot!  thanks for your time.

One thing is for sure that this is NOT a simple 6th order band pass... more like 8.5 order!!!

harder then i first thought it would be.
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
stevo View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 7:17am
nice pics , the drivers in the ls2000 is the drivers one facing down into the port in box and one facing into chamber ? push and pull system not both pushing
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 9:35am
do we still want to use 15mm, 18mm, and 24mm or shall we standise to 18mm?

it will work ou ALOT cheaper to build is we stick to 18mm
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 9:48am

the drivers on the ls2000 do face different directions, but one is wired out of phase so both cones go in the same direction at the same time. i would imagine this is done to reduce distortion.

im going to order the rest of the recone kits on monday ( another 7) - expensive, but the difference is remarkable. even though the td controller prevents over excursion and temperature damage to the drivers i think this enclosure is quite demanding on the drivers, so 9 or 10 years is goung to make them fairly tired.

HBL - its going to be interesting to try these with 1850's, but im still not convinced. we will also need to check that the driver which sits with its magnet into the rear chamber fits here as there is not a lot of available depth and the rcf is quite a shallow driver.

2 weeks to go, and ive got the whole system going out together - 4 si2000 mid high packs, 4 si2000 bass bins, 4 ls2000 subs amd 4 nexo msi-v full range infills, all powered from lab gruppen. im looking forward to hearing that!

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 9:56am

on the wood thickness - i think it will be very difficult to build exact replicas of these if we start altering pannel thickness. we will end up with the choice of having different external dims or different internal volumes

the change of internal volumes may not be of much consequence if you are not planning to use rcf l18-p200's, but im definately sticking to the rcfs

by the way, ive got a si2000 rig going out on hire in luton this afternoon - probably approx 4.30 - fancy hearing it properly this afternoon ? ill have soundweb and a pc there as well, so you can have a play with that. i think you will be very supprised what you can do with this rig without the subs... 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>