Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for X1 sub

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevesb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips for X1 sub
    Posted: 10 January 2005 at 1:49am

Hello  all:

This sub looks pretty impressive to me, and relatively easy to make as well.  Looking for tips on construction and finishing these cabs.

Also, I have never been a fan of P-Audio drivers, and I wondered if anyone else has used RCF, JBL, Ciare, or B&C.  I can get Ciare at very good prices. 

What are the relative strengths and weaknesses of this design.

Thanks

Steves

tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 2:52am

Sound quality cant be as good as bass reflex. But for loudness it works without the complication of horns with delay. Probably useful for RAP music etc.

whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 10:17am

Put a Void V18-1000 in.

And forget using JBL.

Mal X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 4:41pm
yeah if you can get them in the states use the V18-1000, I have 8 of them and love them. But otherwise trust the P-Audio they have come on along way in the last 2-3years.

Mal
Mal, how loud was that!!!!!!
kersley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kersley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 11:10pm

Yeah.I made two of these and loaded it with P-Audio E600A  18" drivers. They work really well.But not the best bandpass I heard.

Anyway whats all these talk about budget drivers ??

all you guy's in the usa sholud not be complaining' prices for drivers in the uk is just stupid' so so stupid.

Tumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 10:49am
Originally posted by tb_mike tb_mike wrote:

Sound quality cant be as good as bass reflex. But for loudness it works without the complication of horns with delay. Probably useful for RAP music etc.

dose that mean you dont have to apply any delay?

Retox
Tumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 10:50am
 haven't quite got the hang of quoteing!
Retox
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 12:00pm

Yes, you don't need delay.

Post Reply Post Reply