Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hd15 - my versioin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 10:22am
yeah well as a kick sometimes a bass bin at others
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
guillaume03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guillaume03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 10:04pm
hi , i built 4 of your hd 15, and 2 in double version, here's some pics!
they sound very loud! (some are loaded with eminence kappa 15 lf, and some with jbl E 140)

the simple version :

the double version (not painted at all for the moment)

tel_peh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tel_peh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2010 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by TDA-Audio TDA-Audio wrote:

fineshed constructhion

http://www.igolkin.com/soft/Tda-audio/images/steck-fas.jpg

hi,

can any one tell me what are these tops??

thanks

Joyrider77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joyrider77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:14pm
Do have have the plan for those midtops ?
Joyrider77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joyrider77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:16pm
and what is the speaker the the right of that stack ?
MadHandz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadHandz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2012 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by guillaume03 guillaume03 wrote:

they sound very loud! (some are loaded with eminence kappa 15 lf, and some with jbl E 140)

the simple version :

Hi there guillaume03, do you by any chance have the designs for these cabs? with all correct measurements, like the looks of these cabs and been told there good kick cabs. 

If anybody has any similar 15" kick or sub designs please let me know? 

Many thanks in advance, Daz
Venny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by guillaume03 guillaume03 wrote:

the simple version :

Image links are broken, Any chance of a few pics of the doubles you built please?

Regards, Joe.

Edited by Venny - 18 March 2013 at 5:11pm
Predominant Culture Sound System - Roots and Culture

Mikkel View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 8:30pm
these do look good and easy to build (a must with my woodworkin skills) 

Has anyone compared the plots? im looking to build a few simple kick bins and this looks nice!
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 1:13pm
Did anyone draw this up for particular driver & perform HR sim ?

Seems there is a difference in opinion, on cab response.

http://www.freespeakerplans.com/forum/44-roots-culture/20372-15-bph-kick-for-scoops

Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

the dip at 125hz is a massive dip in terms of a kick cab, this area is were you need the kick to perform. regardless of what the rta says, this cab wont be able to play over 150hz. I would rather a peak at 125hz and eq out than have to add eq. The other down side is it only plays down to 60hz, making it not usable as a part of a small system. The other down side is this design is not very loud spl wise, making it very hard for this design to keep up with an 18" scoop..... play around with it in horn resp lev, at this point I would not even take this design to proto type stage build..... I no 4db down at 125hz don't seem to bad but its 8db down at 200hz on the rta also when simming in horn resp sim at 4pi in stacks of 4, this will give a better idea of how it will perform in a mono stack with scoops....

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 5:32pm
a plott tells only one half of the story, a plott can look good but, wont give us any indication in to tonality of the speaker. BHP cabs suffer from sounding honky if taken over x freq, but the plott can indicate a smooth response. Ive built, designed and listened to so many bhp designs in my quest to understand how and why they work, and more importantly how only a very few companies have managed to get there bhp designs to play higher....

https://www.elements-audio.com
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 5:37pm
below lev is a plott I took yesterday, mic on the floor 5m infront of stack, 2 plots were taken at the same time. Sound card was calibrated, mic used was an ecm8000 with measurement files for mic calibrated.

apart from the obvious one, One of the measurements had an internal filter turned on in my rta software (oops) can you tell what plott is what, and why both plots look different, yet the same.....

should of said source material for this plott was a deep house tune (cd) and was a snap shot at x point in the song

Edited by bee - 29 July 2013 at 5:40pm
https://www.elements-audio.com
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

a plott tells only one half of the story, a plott can look good but, wont give us any indication in to tonality of the speaker.

Think what's needed here, first and foremost, is the HR input data & plot for this cab.

Will then be possible for the community, to objectively assess this cab, and compare with HD15, with a number of drivers.

That will be guide of which drivers (if any) will be optimum, dependent on individual requirement.

However, should be noted a number of people have already built/heard this cab, and liked the sound.

Originally posted by Mark James Mark James wrote:

there is a guy local to me with 4 of these sn15b loaded.

I liked em!!!

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>