Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hd15 - my versioin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2014 at 2:02pm
Missing images ( Created by Teunos)

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2014 at 2:31pm
hr inputs available for this? if it can work with lesser drivers but still sound reasonable [at lower output levels of course] i know someone with a pair of x1s tat four of these might go well with......... if i can get a decent sim with a reaasonabl priced driver il probably help him whip up a dirty prototype so we can ceck performance is nearish to sims and if all is good recomend he goes tat route..............
edited to add that i just spotted the sims are with the fane sv 15-500? same driver i was thinking lol :PLOL

Edited by Mark James - 07 February 2014 at 2:52pm
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2014 at 3:36pm
http://forum.speakerplans.com/hd15-my-versioin_topic1213_page10.html

Edited by levyte357- - 11 February 2014 at 6:03pm
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2014 at 4:13pm
Crap!! i just build 2 new HD15 with the 3 section cut flare and ordered the first PD154 to load it with.
I already made my first HD15 with round flare out of MDF last year and loaded with an old Eminence driver but it did not sound so good,so i just build 2 out of 18 ply now to try them.If they sound ok i want to build another 2,and seen this thread only now,maybe i could give them a try to build,but i have no way of measuring them.I am Italy based so it rules out many options for me.Think you can PM me the design?
Tweeter_Box View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweeter_Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2014 at 4:34pm
Anybody tried with a port at the front to use as a stand alone bass cab? Mayb make a 18" version
Dub Droppa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dub Droppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

If anyone in UK wants to build this, I have 2x new Fane drivers, perfect for the job.

Actual drivers in the sims.

Hi Lev,

Did you ever get this built ?
Here comes that boom !!!!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Tweeter_Box Tweeter_Box wrote:

Anybody tried with a port at the front to use as a stand alone bass cab? Mayb make a 18" version

..full circle then!!!..... (this was origanally based on a 18"version rip-off)
sorry for bringing an old thread back from the dead.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 12:25pm
Tweet trying to make cab do what it won't. LOL

Porting will lead to noticeable loss of efficiency, with almost no noticeable gain in lower extension.

andycw View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andycw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 12:26pm
Anyone got a bigger copy of that sketchup / plans?

No Bass No Fun
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Tweet trying to make cab do what it won't. LOL

Porting will lead to noticeable loss of efficiency, with almost no noticeable gain in lower extension.

correct lev, gotta admit, you've done a bit of research...

but port the baffle to the front chamber, and there is gains in the low hz, but at a cost, like all cabs there is allways a trade off.
https://www.elements-audio.com
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

but port the baffle to the front chamber, and there is gains in the low hz, but at a cost, like all cabs there is allways a trade off.

Exactly my point..

If I wanted cab like this for sub, would go for similar 18" version, and with subby driver, as long as happy with 60hz+.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2014 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by andycw andycw wrote:

Anyone got a bigger copy of that sketchup / plans?

Click above recent images.. They are links. Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>