FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horn delay between tops and subs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horn delay between tops and subs
    Posted: 10 October 2007 at 8:57pm
Probably wont sound any good above 100hz,the folded sub horn. Dont know of any of that sort of size,folding that are good above that.

I wouldve gone with a top that reaches lower,or a midbass sub more like the es18(from memory)short path 18" horns.

(SoundcreationaudiO) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (SoundcreationaudiO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 8:38pm
alright guys..., i was wondering how i would calculate the delays required between my soon to be built rig..  

I'm curently building 2 X pairs of selenium designed tops:-

And a sub which was designed by a freind of mine, an 18" folded horn with a horn length of 3.5 metres..  cabs are big, 48 x 48 x 25.5", look identical from the front to a lab sub.., and were using an aliminium side hatch covers.     frequency of 30hz - 200 hz per cab aparently, ahvent heard them yet..

was hoping these would roll off, as tops kicked in, with thier 15" mid bass driver comming in at 200hz..

do i simply subtract the length of the mid bass horn from the subs horns length and use that figure to callculate the delay?

plan is to build 4 of these subs and 4 of the selenium tops.  If all goes well, to build another 2 tops and 4 subs

thanks for any advice........

Post Reply Post Reply