Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guide to WinISD Pro and Hornresp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2017 at 7:07pm
I gave up with WinISD and went Bass Box Pro. It doesn't have hiissy fits about T/S it THINKS are wrong and produces the results expected
It's everything, not everythink!
chinmoypborah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinmoypborah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 7:57am
Well, realistically you are going to have to do what the rest of have done. 

Go through the help file included in the program and then work through (from the begining of the thread) some of the examples given by various DIYers. I would even suggest taking notes that you can refer to. This is a powerful program that will save you from many false starts. It is worth the time & effort.

For TL designs, there is other software that may be more appropriate. Again, use the search fucntion and work through some of the threads. There is no magic 100-word summary.

Regards,
http://get-9apps.com - 9Apps http://get-cartoonhd.com - Cartoon HD http://installvidmate.com - Vidmate APK

Edited by chinmoypborah - 15 July 2019 at 10:08pm
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 10:06am
And if you take the time to realise why it thinks some of your TS are wrong, you will realise what the most important TS figures are and why the rest of them are secondary and derived from the primary set. Which in turn helps you get a feel for a driver by looking at its data.
Lion Squad Sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lion Squad Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2019 at 5:45pm
hi everyone this is the link to the parameters in hornresp. I am trying to build a super scoop for 18sounds 21lw1400. My question how do I incorparate the specs to the box design. Sorry i forgot i am also new to hornresp. http://img_0216%281%29.jpg - IMG_0216(1).jpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lion Squad Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2019 at 5:53pm
ANG 2.0xPi                   SD 1662
Eg 2.83                      Cms 9.77e-05
                             Mmd 291.74
Cir 1.00                     Re 5.00
S1 1013.69                   BL 34.81
S2 81743.75                  Rms 6.24
HYP 587.68                   Le 2.85
F12 24.02                    Nd 1
T 0.36
AT 1.62

VRC 107.14           VTC 10944.93
LRC 51.47            ATC 1662
I had to type the specs in because the link didn't come up.
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2019 at 8:29pm
You have created a front loaded horn of roughly 10.000 liter internal volume, externally that will be at least 12.000 liter. As opposed to a regular super scooper that´s just shy of 600 liter external. Besides that, the scoop is a rear loaded horn, so it doesn´t have a Vrc and Lrc, just Vtc and Atc.

Best regards

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lion Squad Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2019 at 4:53pm
Ok so what am I doing wrong, I select rear loaded horn design. Then I put the T/S info in then I hit design to speaker specs
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 2:20pm
Quote I select rear loaded horn design. Then I put the T/S info in then I hit design to speaker specs
And Hornresp calculated the optimal horn for you, without considering size restrictions.

If you play around with the inputs you can take size and a lot of other factors in consideration, that HR simply won't. S1 is ball park OK, could be a bit smaller. S2 around 4000 cm^2 is a good start. L12 about 200 cm. Instead of a hyperbolic, you could look at parallel (PAR), although you can approximate a hyperbolic flare when you build the actual scoop.

If you simulate a rear loaded horn you leave Vrc and/or Lrc at 0,00.

Regards
totalAudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totalAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2020 at 10:16am
Hi everyone, I know its an old thread but does anyone have access to a decent help file? it doesn't open on my windows version and cant figure out how to sort it (not super computer savvy) any help is appreciated thank you
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2020 at 1:20pm
On my PC the helpfile lives at C:/ProgramData/winisd/help/index.html, you may be able to search for an equivalent file and open it in a regular browser yourself?
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2022 at 9:49pm
i've a question...

can't work out how to calculate port diameter from tuning, as far as i can see i can only enter it, not calculate it. is this possible?

the box is built, the driver is bought, just needs some ports put in it...
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2022 at 10:17pm
IMO the best order is to create your project, set the Vb to match your box, play with different tuning frequencies to get the best compromise between efficiency, extension & excursion control, then turn up the input signal till Xmax is reached, set an HPF so that excursion below box tuning ls no higher than in-band, then go to the vents page and adjust the vent size until airspeed is under control, assuming that results in a vent length that is still going to fit your box.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>