Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guide to WinISD Pro and Hornresp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 6:06pm
Like Mikey said, don't plug Qms, Qes (not Qeus), Qts into WinISD Pro, they relate and therefore any difference will be noted. Plug in one of the Q's or 2 but not 3.

Try this order: Qts, Fs, Vas, Re, BL, Le , Sd, Xmax, Pe

Any parameter missing from that list should be left blank.

Best regards Johan
aperrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 1:54am
ok i will go again Embarrassed, sorry but I wrote Qeus but it mean qes u know Wink
Im hard to learn but still asking
psytron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psytron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 10:11pm
i have just modeled the definimax in a usb half how do i change this to a full usb or stack of 2 full ones??? multiple cabs is greyed out :( 
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 6:12pm
Multiple cabs is greyed out if you're using multiple segments. You can either:

- Re-define the multiple segments as a single segment and use multiple cabs.
- Double drivers at Tools --> Driver arrangement and double all neccesary horn parameters as well.
- Simulate in 1,0 Pi instead of 2,0 Pi. A single cabinet in 1,0 Pi gives a similair performance as 2 cabinets in 2,0 Pi with double (total) power input. So in order to see the 1 W/1m response you need to change Eg from 2,83 V to 2,0 V (for an 8 Ohm driver).

Best regards Johan
nomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 10:26pm
stupid question,but how do i copy the windows in hornresp. as i would like to post here.i get a print option,but cant save as an image,thanks
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2009 at 4:02pm
A bit late, but....Press Printscreen while Hornresp is active/ visible --> go to MS Paint (or something alike) --> Paste --> Save as JPEG (not bmp anyway) --> Host on some picture server (imageschack or something) --> Place link.

Best regards Johan
Unknown Enemy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unknown Enemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 10:23pm
Got a little problem.

When I add the details of driver I only get 90db at 1 watt but the driver states its 96db at 1 watt.

I have tried this in winisd and also another program and they both give me 90db.

So does this mean that the programs are wrong or are the t/s are wrong???
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 9:54pm
Quote but the driver states its 96db at 1 watt
It's bragging, you should hear mine.

It probably means the 96 dB/W spec is overrated. Either it's a case of the marketing department getting very optimistic (very common), a case of measuring at the frequency were the driver shows the highest sensitivity (common) or some random statement (common).

Sensitivty is calculated as follows:

112 + [10 x log{(Fs^3 x Vas x 9.6 e10-10)/Qes}]

Best regards Johan

Edited by mobiele eenheid - 04 May 2009 at 10:20pm
nomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 6:06pm
hi,i m modeling a hybrid reflex(combined response) box,inspired by beyma and davey t bootybass etc.  hoping for an alternative kick to a bph

it seems that group delay is very flat,as is response.

but electrical impedence is up to 20ohm around 80hz.

i ve previously been modeling bph enclosures,where i had low impedence in the desired range,with a spike either side,but more uneven group delay.

what effect does a high electrical impedence spike in the desired range have on the sound/driver?

thanks for any help

wash with gasoline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wash with gasoline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 5:23am
hey all, im trying to wrap my head around horn responce and have some questions. i did a quick drawing in google sketchup. nothing about the horn is good im sure, and if it is its pure accident. i was wondering what i would input to h/r to model it.  assuming that it is 600mm wide and made out of papperEmbarrassed  im thinking of a 100mm by 600mm slot throat just for learing purposes...                       i think that the arking lines would be con.  the lenth of them is in the pics, how do i convert them into a number to put into h/r?  ...and do i want to measure them in an ark or a straight line?        also on the s1 s2 ect. i think that they are the measurements in this pic. how do i convert them into a number to plug into h/r? the one that is hard to read in the top left is 105.5mm       thanks from the grateful noob
dry with match
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 4:04pm
Hey,

Your design looks pretty good for starters.

Personally I would choose to measure the axial horn path length as a straight line. The example inbedded is based upon the 1850 horn (note: the're several correct way's to descibe the 1850 horn, this is just one of them).

If you want to simulate a design, you want to know the axial horn path length, that's the blue line (personally I wouldn't concern myself yet with the slightly longer horn path due to the bends in the design).
S1; in case of you horn S1 is the smallest area between the front chamber and the horn. The area is derived from the height (red lines) times the width (600 mm minus material thickness in your case). The front chamber is the area enclosed in the cone in the driver, usually around 4-5 liters for an 18" driver.

On a side node: Because an 18" is about 45 cm wide, I would think that S1 is 10 x 45 cm = 450 cm^2 and that, after the horn path length is followed for ~1,8 cm (material thickness) S2 is 600 cm^2.

This besides, Hornresp allows you to use a maximum of 4 segments, so some segments in the example have to be put together. In your case it would just do fine, assuming you calculate the horn area's at the dotted lines in the picture. However personally I would suggest using straight lines instead of bended.

Best regards Johan
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 4:07pm
Quote hi,i m modeling a hybrid reflex(combined response) box,inspired by beyma and davey t bootybass etc.  hoping for an alternative kick to a bph

it seems that group delay is very flat,as is response.

but electrical impedence is up to 20ohm around 80hz.

i ve previously been modeling bph enclosures,where i had low impedence in the desired range,with a spike either side,but more uneven group delay.

what effect does a high electrical impedence spike in the desired range have on the sound/driver?

thanks for any help
Am I correct to say this question was answered elsewhere?

Best regards Johan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>