Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1850 for reggae?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote another Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 1:25pm
looney bins are too much expensive for me, so i think to build my own 1850 and loading them whit some v18-1000.
Ok the 1850 is suitable for one way bass, but i want to try a 2 way bass system (1850, g-sub and mt102) .. and if i'm not satisfied by my sound i build up some scoops!
now what i need is only some mony!

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by tommysb tommysb wrote:

Are king earthquakes the system with those huge yellow folded horns?

They're actualy mainly green with yellow, black & beige/fawn patches - Army combat style.

Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 2:19pm
no if you are going two way bass you want sub and kick, the 1850 horn doesnt do kick and isnt realy a pure sub either, i wouldnt bother using a sub under an 1850 unless that sub hits 20hz and im using it in a 3way bass setup......
alough imo i rekon that 1850 with x-tro would be a great combo...
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
tommysb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommysb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Originally posted by tommysb tommysb wrote:

Are king earthquakes the system with those huge yellow folded horns?

They're actualy mainly green with yellow, black & beige/fawn patches - Army combat style.

I remember now. They were huge great things anyway, the size is more memorable than the colour! They moved a lot of air. I think you'd be fine playing reggae with folded horns if you've got something like this!
Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 3:33pm
tommy, they are an exclusive design afaik, only eartquake has them.

@ another, you could always try a hog scoop...

plans 1
plans 2
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
another View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote another Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 5:07pm
ok, i'm decided to abandone the 1850 way for a 2 way bass system (like x1 and hd15)
Yeah, now I remember... king erthquake, have heavy tunes and play it whit the 1850 and what kind of boxes over it?

http://www.kingearthquake.co.uk/NewBoxes.htm
Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 5:44pm
15" reflex by the look of it, same as shiloh, iration, aba, tabot... pretty much everyone (apart from someone on here who has HD15s)
EDIT: remember, earthquakes 1850s are modified.

Edited by Jhodas - 06 January 2008 at 5:58pm
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Jhodas Jhodas wrote:

EDIT: remember, earthquakes 1850s are modified.

"Apparently", Quakes cabs are Rog designed 21's. This was discussed about a year ago.

Edited by levyte357 - 08 January 2008 at 1:23pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by another another wrote:

ok, i'm decided to abandone the 1850 way for a 2 way bass system (like x1 and hd15)
Yeah, now I remember... king erthquake, have heavy tunes and play it whit the 1850 and what kind of boxes over it?

http://www.kingearthquake.co.uk/NewBoxes.htm

15 reflex, more 15's, 8's and piezos

tbh i dont like that system at all, only the 21" foldeds, the rest i find quite unsatisfying to listen too.
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 11:16am
Earthquake not to bad on the bass, personally i think Shanti, Jah Voice n Iration sound alot better. I dont think the folded horns give the right type of bass

But i hate his top section, very harsh sounding IMO!!
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 11:43am
i agree

i actually think, despite being brutally loud, that earthquake is one of the worst sounding.

iration steppas is one of the best - really clean sound, and i like it even more when they use comp's only, rather than piezo's as well.

CPHSOUNDSYSTEM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPHSOUNDSYSTEM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 5:28am
Irations a big sound,1850 are good if u put enough power in to them we use them in scoops and they sound heavy...pd186 need less power and are more punchier....1850 are 1000watts and the 186 are 600 i think.............
STOP WARS NOT DANCES
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>