Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1850 for reggae?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by CPHSOUNDSYSTEM CPHSOUNDSYSTEM wrote:

1850 are good if u put enough power in to them we use them in scoops and they sound heavy...pd186 need less power and are more punchier....

Many use to say the 186's played rounder & sounded deeper than the 1850's & that the 1850 was more brutal, but as I didn't own any 186's I couldn't test this for myself.

Originally posted by CPHSOUNDSYSTEM CPHSOUNDSYSTEM wrote:

1850 are 1000watts and the 186 are 600 i think.............

From the specs the 1850's are 800w & the 186's are 700w. I believe these are RMS ratings.

The older ones use to show 100w less for each then the specs were updated.
Although I kept hearing there was no actual change to the driver & the specs were changed as it was realized & noticed how much both these drivers could take.

Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

best - really clean sound, and i like it even more when they use comp's only, rather than piezo's as well. 

Irations bass is one of the best sounding. I find his top end horrendous. Tubbs Has the best top end of the big sounds, (although I'm hearing Shiloh soon so we'll see abot that...)But I think High Pressure from Leeds has the nicest top end I've ever heard from anyone. Period. They know what they're doing, if only they had a bigger rig...
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Jhodas Jhodas wrote:

Tubbs Has the best top end of the big sounds, (although I'm hearing Shiloh soon so we'll see abot that...)

May see you there Jhodas! but remember:-
Them cyant mess wid Big Tubby!!

Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

May see you there Jhodas!

Hope so! Of course we each have the problem of not having a clue what the other looks like...
Them cyant mess wid Big Tubby!!

Food for thought...
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123