Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

inside a blackline h3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wideload37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 10:22pm
lol sry my bad didnt read that bit in the explanation Confused could u instead tell me if the ports are simply flush or are longer? and does the lf horn fire into the space behind the mid horn? just trying to get a picture in my head how its kinda set up.
thx again
james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 11:55pm
the ports on the h3 are pretty deep yeah, they are as deep as the mid horn is long. you should be able to see this by the way they are flush with the 10" baffle in the second picture.

the 15" lf driver is very close to the mid's back bowl, it fires nearly vertically down, ever so slightly tilted towards the rear of the cab. it is a very good use of cabinet space, although not quite as good as the res2.

james.
mardy hippy.
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 12:55am
lovely cabs.  i like the mid/high section on this cab.  may well try replicating the mid section into something im playing with atm.  nice thread.
manudj91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manudj91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:39pm
hi, i've martin audio h3 and i whant to now if all the h3 makes a farty noise when play? thanks
manudj91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manudj91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:42pm
< ="utf-8">hi, i have martin audio h3 but the 15 makes a farty noise when played, is normaly for this speaker? thanks
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:48pm
no.  probably need a recone, or there might be something in the horn hitting the cone?  maybe a plastic beer glass?
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
manudj91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manudj91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 9:22pm
< ="utf-8">no, I've already checked, it's like touching wood, keeping the volume downbecause it does not, it does give more power. In addition if I raise the cone does not do a bit more.
i don't understand..

Plaguesguitarist View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:20pm
Good Cabs these.  Handles are slightly in the wrong place for my mind.

Not a patch on their predecessors though - The RS800's.  Done side by side testing in a lincoln venue.
But then again, i'm prejudiced.  i've got rs800's.
Why did the lampy cross the road?

To steal MY sharpie.
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 9:03am
No
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 10:30am
All you need is a boot.
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2015 at 12:55pm
can someone revive this thread with all pics? always wanted to know how one of these looks inside
You can't polish a turd!
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 12:28am
I have pictures of the inside of mine Ill see can i dig them up . 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>