Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T.AMP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dixi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 6:30am

Hi! I use a T-Amp TA2400 for my 4hd15´s. But they are loaded with kappa LF´s, they are 600watt aswell. And 2 on each side was no problem. Ive had just 1 hd on each side at full power and had no problem with that either.

The ta2400 is a better chooise then the ep2500 cus that one wont give you 600watt in 4 cabs at 4ohm. and that is what you will want =)

"But where is the speaker? thats just a box with a hole in it!"
Richard Hart View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 8:07am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Check that price first.

They dont deliver things hevier than 20kg via regular post.

That is why it cost more thay are sending hevier stuff via UPS or some other more expensive delivery service.

MarjanM

Not true

Thomann have delivered three T. Amps to me for 21 Euros, now that's the kneck end of 65 Kg!

They've also shipped out two HK Audio 15" premiums series boxes (you can imagine the size and weight) with five mic stands and a T. Amp fro the same 21 Euros.

Also Thomann use DHL

muri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 1:11am
Does anybody know in wich class the TA 2400 is. Is it in H-class or AB-class and does anyone have more specs. from the amp I searched already on the internet but i couldnt find anything. 
Dixi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dixi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 7:52am

What kind of spec´s do you mean? i have all the pappers on it so i could scan some of you cant find them online.

"But where is the speaker? thats just a box with a hole in it!"
JD01 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 9:19am
The TA2400 is class H. The TAs aren't really good for bass, but anyday better than QSC PLX series (had an AB comparison, PLX lost). The ProLines are better for bass.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 3:01pm
Funny, my STR3000 is H class and my PLX sounds equally as good despite being 400w less when running my subs
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
muri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 1:12am

Dixi can you scan the papers and send them to me I would be very happy.Here my e-mail

web.malovrhluka@mail386.com

thanks

muri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 2:02pm

Sorry, here is the right one: malovrhluka@mail386.com

Enigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 9:06pm

What actually determins which class an amp is?

Also what are the definitions of the classes?

Let the rhythm be your guiding light !!!
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 7:24am

amplifier classes

Analog amplifiers are cataloged by how much current flows during each wave cycle. Measured in degrees, 360º means current flows 100% of the time. The more current, the more inefficient and the more heat generated.

Analog

Class A
The amplifier conducts current throughout the entire cycle (360º). The Class A design is the most inefficient and is used in low-power applications as well as in very high-end stereo. Such devices may be as little as 15% efficient, with 85% of the energy wasted as heat.

Class B
The current flows only 180º for half the cycle, or two transistors can be used in a push-pull fashion, each one operating for 180º. More efficient than Class A, it is typically used in low-end products.

Class AB
Combines Class A and B and current flows for 180º to 200º. Class AB designs are the most widely used for audio applications. Class AB amplifiers are typically about 50% efficient.

Class C
Operating for less than half of one wave cycle (100º to 150º), Class C amplifiers are the most efficient, but not used for audio applications because of their excessive distortion.

Class G
A variation of the Class AB design that improves efficiency by switching to different fixed voltages as the signal approaches them.

Class H
An enhancement of the Class G amplifier in which the power supply voltage is modulated and always slightly higher than the input signal.

Current Flowing
The red indicates how much of the time current is flowing through one wave cycle.

Digital

Class D
Class D is a digital-like amplifier that works by turning a transistor fully on or off, but the "D" technically does not stand for digital. See Class D amplifier.

Class T
A variation of the Class D technique from Tripath. Class T modulates the pulses based on the individual characteristics of the output transistors.

Stolen from here.

Cheers,
Angus

JD01 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 2:50pm

Class H switches between FIXED voltage rails too. There is actually no big difference between G and H. There are differences in the output stage design, but the performance is similar. Class H is easier to design and has some other advantages, so it is preferred.

The rail voltage modulating amps aren't put in a class. This is always a patented design and it is REALLY unusual. I'm aware of only two brands of amps with stepless rail regulation.

The type of the power supply doesn't determine the class of the amp. There are Switch mode power supply (SMPS) amps of class AB (Peavey CS800S for example), class H (QSC PL, PL2, PLX, Dynacord LX, Camco Vortex, Camco Tecton and may many more), class D (PowerSoft DigAm, ASID Delta) and those 'unclassified' amps like LAB Gruppen fP and the Maintronic amps sold branded as FAT, PSE etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12