Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ES18-BPH Build Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ES18-BPH Build Pics
    Posted: 30 January 2008 at 1:50pm
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 2:06pm
swish!
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Static Age Static Age wrote:

i love that part of the build...  all the hard work is done just sit back and run the bead of glue along the panels...
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 2:11pm
i know what you mean HBL, feels like the home straight doesnt it.

then you realise how long all the little finishing details take.

Edited by Static Age - 30 January 2008 at 2:11pm
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 2:22pm
but its so worth it!!!!!!!
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
mylesound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 2:43pm
RCF loaded? not too sure.
and whats your xover points w/ the scoops
very nice build tho

Edited by mylesound - 30 January 2008 at 2:45pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 3:23pm
the RCF drivers were put in purely for a test. i x overed from the scoops to the ES18 at 80hz & ran the ES18 upto 190hz.

the combination worked very well & it would appear that the ES18 is a great choice for a kick bin above scoops (or any other sub).

i also tried the ES18 on there own running 30-190hz, this sounded ok. i then changed the high pass to 50hz, the bass was completely different, so much more defined & louder.

if you had a system that mainly played techno or music with no a great deal going on below 45hz then a stack of ES18-bph really would be a good choice, these cabs really do give a solid defined kick!

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 3:26pm
Looking good Static! Clap
What driver will you be using in them ? I should also ask what is the recommended driver ?
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 3:27pm
I was a bit slow there.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 3:33pm
the driver in the pics is an older model RCF, its no longer in production & i cant remember the model No right now but they are 1000w RMS. i will post the model number up as soon as i remember/ look at the drivers next.

the cabs were designed to be used with P Audio C18650EL or SD18 depending on how low you want them to play.

Tekasis, if you are thinking of using these above scoops then you wont be dissapointed.

edit: thanks for all the good feedback guys Big%20smile

Edited by Static Age - 30 January 2008 at 3:40pm
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Static Age Static Age wrote:

Tekasis, if you are thinking of using these above scoops then you wont be dissapointed.

Yeah! well when I previously mentioned above scoops all I kept hearing was HD's or some type of 15'' cab, but I wanted something to play a bit lower, then started looking at these.

Especially that they are singles & a bit easier to move.

Think I got to seriously consider these over G-Subs!

mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 4:22pm
how did you find these to make, were they quite easy, we are about to build 4 to run under 6 fane (115 style bins)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>