Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage amp Specs.HH,Citronic,Peavey, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 11:10pm
Just to let you all know the HH site has now been up-dated with loads more info and a for sale section!
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 9:09am
Well spotted Colin..check out the updated picture section too.

Edited by jbl_man - 06 October 2008 at 9:22am
Be seeing you.
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 1:26pm
Excellent links! A friend of mine still uses a pair of Pro Series -150 for gigs now.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 1:35pm
Quite odd looking at some of the spec's now?
like the pro 200 cabs they sounded really loud all them years ago but they only rate them at 57db? and the pile of S series amps looks massive but is only 550watts in total, how time have changed eh?
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
audio boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audio boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 11:19am

hi, can any one help   ???

just aquired a ppx 900 channel b is dead.... but alas someone has been in there before
me and tryed to do a repair and made a bit of a botch  !!!
it seems r32 has got hot at some time as u would expect it is a large wire wound resistor
and carries a fair amount of current, the previous repair person seemed not to match the resistor for the job and has put two smaller resistors in parrallel these i have found so far to be open circuit, but could do really with a citcuit diagram, or anyone who is familier with these circuit bords, i have checked the fets and they appear to be ok, so dont mind spending a little time on the amp espesially as it was gratis !!
plus have an h+h mx 1200 for spares if any one needs the fets or the cake.
HE WHO CONTROLES THE SPICE

CONTROLES THE UNIVERSE.
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2008 at 3:02pm
the cake? is this some esoteric amp design from back in t'day that incoporated confectionery in its output stage? Tongue
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
audio boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audio boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 8:22pm
Superb behaviour,

marzipan oxide sugar filled effctive transistors were the ultimate in
confectionary switching amplifiers  of their time, the current in rush was so minimal
the resistance could be measured in hunreds and thousands...... shame a 2 ohm load and it was all over....
just  over 30 deg temp and it all went to jam..... 
HE WHO CONTROLES THE SPICE

CONTROLES THE UNIVERSE.
jazzhamster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2008 at 1:57pm
Can anyone help? 

I've a Rauch DVT50s with a dead side and would like to get it working again. It's been under my desk for the last 3 years gathering dust.
I've also got a quartet of Crimson amps and a couple of those are a bit iffy.

Any recommendations for a mister fixit in NW or N London (who isn't going to empty my bank account with his charges)?
"I know nurthing'
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 7:17pm
It's everything, not everythink!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 10:00pm
Quote Anyone ever heard of a Lyonforge P400
Yes, was distributed by Terralec Disco equipment, they do DIY modules for powered speakers as well etc.

Pamphonic Reproducers..originally a subsidiary of Pye. They made allsorts including radios and radiograms and 'tannoy' systems.

Citronic PPX. I have schematics if anyone needs 'em. Rock solid but heavy. Yes they're actually still used in many highstreet chain-bars as main PA as they rarely fail. (2009). Ditto HH.

Citronic of Melksham..I used to service their test equipment..they had some pretty expensive Keithley equipment and nice scopes! Now a brand of Skytronic (dutch). The Pro..series are not bad, surface mount, based on the QSC RMX range (inspired by??). The chassis and pcbs are stamped with the ST logo as are Soundlab and Studiomaster, made in China.

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 23 January 2009 at 10:12pm
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 9:50am
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

Citronic PPX. I have schematics if anyone needs 'em. Rock solid but heavy. Yes they're actually still used in many highstreet chain-bars as main PA as they rarely fail. (2009). Ditto HH.

Interesting you should say that Kedward....that would explain one of the later style english-made PPX i have here....its a ppx600,but badged as "Chrysallis retail entertainment",but looking at it i dont think it was ever used or installed.
Be seeing you.
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 5:20pm
Gosh yes, they were pretty much the last series that Citronic proper made here in the UK. They were sold here as the 'Conquest' models. Very heavy and the early production models suffered from large inrush current that was reduced in later versions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>