Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubic Horn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 12:07pm
mmm.... no handles..
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 12:24pm
What size driver is that? looks like a 21inch?
Be seeing you.
wafflesomd View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 1:33pm
Guy kinda looks like a D bag.

Speakers are cool though.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 1:44pm
I'd take that back if I were you!
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 1:52pm

I must be getting old, whats a D bag?

The Guy is Rog, who has a great sense of humour

like the trainers ROG, next time you're over, wink! wink!

Richard Hart View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by wafflesomd wafflesomd wrote:

Guy kinda looks like a D bag.

What's a "D bag"? Is it complimentary?
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 1:53pm
JBL, if I know Rog they will be the v18 1200's
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 1:56pm
LOL waffles, want a spade mate?

Design looks interesting, I've been thinking that modular designs are the way forward for someone who wants a high specd sub that ticks all the boxes. What sort of horn length are you getting there?

Mykey's question seems odd (no offence meant mykey, you're prob asking the same question i am below but in a lot less words hehe), cos obviously stopping any rattling between modules would be one of the main concerns, so I'd guess you've already thought of that! Did you have to spend quite a lot of time designing the clasps that fix the modules together without vibrations, or did you use an existing idea? Do some sort of rubber seals make it airtight, and if so how durable are the seals between modules? I imagine it'd be quite difficult to make the seals hardwearing if they'll be put up and taken down regularly.

edit: D bag probably means douche bag, credits should go to Kelly Osbourne for that one hehe.

Edited by darkmatter - 25 February 2008 at 2:02pm
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 2:04pm
why does it seem odd?

we bulit some heavy duty horns with barn doors years ago and those silly clamps that go on cases wouldn't have done the job

so I modified some lorry (truck) flat bed clamps, they did the trick alright,no vibrating at all

we used a heavy duty foam in between joins as well

it took full strength to close one of these buggers, not a thumb and finger twist like those amp rack catch's

so my question isn't odd, because i'm thinking this Rubic bin will creat some diorrhoea moving frequencys
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 2:06pm
you changed what you said, cool
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 2:14pm
Full marks to Rog. But if big stacks, size and low frequency does it for you, just make bigger and heavier cabs, ( with a good design of course). Small light weight stuff won't cut it. And be prepared to spend money.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 2:17pm
........on a choiropracter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>