Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubic Horn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 2:17am
I'd be joining you in line if I had transport, money etc... I count myself among the foolish, in fact, I think I'm a bad case....
Was just saying scoopy folks are ba~~ard big box folks...
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 2:20am
aha yes now i get what you mean, in that case i am the fool on the hill, 5 metre horn? yes please!!!
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
wafflesomd View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 2:32am
Originally posted by darkmatter darkmatter wrote:

LOL waffles, want a spade mate?

A shovel?

Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 2:39am
Don't really know why it turned out to be a rear loaded design. A part of me loves the what scoops do to some kinds of music and I just wanted to see how far you could take it.

Here's the plot for one horn, which is 4 scoops or 8 sections.

The average sensitivity is 109.5dB and the f3 is 25Hz. Because of the steep rolloff its's flat from 27Hz. Overall response is 25Hz to 121Hz +/- 3dB.

I'm getting 4.7dB gain with 4 horns over a single horn, which is good. 6dB is the theoretical gain when jumping from 1 to 4 cabinets, but as djk rightly points out, cabs made from wood will never exhibit a true 6dB gain. 4.7dB is around as good as it gets and it's a sign that the constrution and bracing are working well.

In band max continuous output is 145dB with peaks of 151dB at 1 meter. Output readings measured with 6000 watts input, which is 1500 watts to each driver.

Edited by Rog Mogale - 26 February 2008 at 2:43am
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Rog Mogale Rog Mogale wrote:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15822_5-douchebag-behaviors-explained-by-science.html

Nice to see some of you got the joke.

@wafflesomd,

f**k off you c**t.

Please note that all the people in the above link about douchbags look american. Now that is funny.
1 Scotsman, 1 Ausi, and the rest are septic tanks....... Yanks!!

the word Douchbag comes from America I believe

we just use the word TWAT! which is a far better word LOL 
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 2:44am
Nice Rog, I want to hear this

may have to come see you soon
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Rog Mogale Rog Mogale wrote:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15822_5-douchebag-behaviors-explained-by-science.html

Nice to see some of you got the joke.

@wafflesomd,

f**k off you c**t.

Please note that all the people in the above link about douchbags look american. Now that is funny.

"Look" American, are you serious?  What do them looking American have to do with me calling you a douche bag?  +5 for attacking a countries people with ignorant views, and not the actual person who insulted you.

You had to source Cracked for something....

Edited by wafflesomd - 26 February 2008 at 3:01am
djstefanos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djstefanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 4:30am
Rog!!!!! damn!!!!!! Thats sick to look at!!!
Show us a quick sketch how it looks like inside please.

Haha, Sorry waffleguy, should have thought twice before commenting on the king.

Edited by djstefanos - 26 February 2008 at 4:40am
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 4:51am
Originally posted by djstefanos djstefanos wrote:

I should have?  Ok...

About the cabinets.

Are these really practical, at all?

Edited by wafflesomd - 26 February 2008 at 4:57am
Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 4:52am
"You had to source Cracked for something...."

Hey, you been somkin that acid again mate.

Anyway,

Back to the world where we can all put coherent sentences together............

Just took a reading from the center on the Rubic horn. Test mic distance was 1 meter.
Weighting is linear (4Hz to 50KHz) and response was peak, 50ms rise time constant. Playing some Irration style tunes with some Infinite amps driving the stack.

Its ok standing within 3 meters untill a frequency above 60Hz comes in, then it hurts. It feels like when you accidentally hit your head on something really hard and it kind of phases you out for about 3 seconds. But its like that happening all the time so you just have to move away, or should I say stagger away as its like being in a fight with Tyson when those upper bass notes start playing. Other than being attacked above 60Hz, below 60 is very comfortable. Tracks with 25 to 30Hz just move you back and fourth in time with the oscillations.

Quick sketches of the inside can only happen in another life. Ha ha.

djstefanos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djstefanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 4:53am
well, they are. easy to assemble.

please post more pics!!

Edited by djstefanos - 26 February 2008 at 4:54am
Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 4:55am
Originally posted by wafflesomd wafflesomd wrote:

Originally posted by djstefanos djstefanos wrote:

I should have?  Ok...

About the cabinets.

Are these really practical, at all.  Considering the 1850 isn't far from one of them, according to the specs on the plans.

You're right, there's not really much point in the Rubic horn when you can get a sensitivity of 109dB at 25Hz from 4 x 1850 horns.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>