FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SMT 212 Build Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SMT 212 Build Pics
    Posted: 28 October 2013 at 8:43am
What do you class as a sensible price? Sub £100 per driver? Sub £50 per driver?

B&C 12PE32 is recommended, PM TonyASS for as sensible price as you are going to get on a brand new driver.

For HF, I would stick a 1.4"/1.5" in a duel 12. Maybe just ask in the wanted section or again TonyASS will do a good deal on B&C. Forte Audio do BMS at a good price.

Depending on if you are using 1 cab a side or 2 cabs a side will dictate horn type again Forte Audio do Faital Pro horns at a good price, TonyASS will do B&C at a very good price or you could ask in the wanted section for used. Someone might have have a driver horn combination that they want to move on that might suit your purpose.
total motion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote total motion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2013 at 7:59am
im finding it hard to choose drivers at a sensible price..  dose anyone know any good combinations for this cab that is easy to to find?? 
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 11:56pm
Have you checked forteaudio.eu?
Its going to be hard, if not impossible, to beat that price for the BMS comp.

About the cutlist... I am sure you can use the drawing to get dimensions and calculate a cutlist.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by total motion total motion wrote:

...neither can I find a cut sheet...

It's on the plan, isn't it? Or do you mean the layout on a 8X4 sheet? If so, just draw it out on a piece of paper and keep going until you've got the best use of the wood.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote total motion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 11:15pm
so.. looks like im going to start building a pair of these in the next couple weeks.  to clarify... its ideal to use the sm112N and bms4544.   i cant seem to find the bms 4544,s nether can i find a cut sheet for me to have it cut for me as i dont have the space or a table saw.   if the bms 4544 isnt easy to find or is too expensive, what else would work well against the beyma sm112n?

thanks 
jamieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 9:21pm
belm
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 9:11pm

any links to plans for the smt212??
Have you tried Google?

king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 9:09pm

c'mon, google that
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote total motion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 8:34pm
JDCutta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDCutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 3:36am
Has anyone got any responce plots that they could kindly post up for either the 212 or 112 version? 

Also what would be the best budget drivers for these (UK)?

Thanks in advance
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 4:14am
"Those JBL horns are similar to the EV HP 940s only difference I can see is the EVs have a wave guide built in the exit throat"

The EV HP940 is quite a bit wider than the JBL 2380, but it does sound better that the JBL.

The EV HP640 sounds quite a bit better than either, but is even wider.
djk
woodowl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2010 at 6:54pm
How is the throw of the sound compared to a MT212 or even a reflex?
If this works out fine, i'm building some SMT112's myself.
Thanks!

courtesy to the original plans from Mr. Ercegovic

Edited by woodowl - 20 February 2010 at 7:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>