Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cerwin vega afterburners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justamadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 2:27pm
yep 750w rms. thats why i thought there might be issues with a beefier driver..... if it needs a heat sink for the original I'd imagine it would get pretty hot in there with a void or an 1850.

the earthquakes are 500w, not sure where you got 350 from???

in front of the bass bins baby
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 4:43pm
Though the chamber is not notably smaller than other horns in which such drivers are used to good effect.
justamadman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justamadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 8:09pm
point taken...... need to build some
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 8:43pm
Give me a little while and I'll try to work out how to put everything together in a downloadable file, I already have all the panels drawn up with dimensions and will do a side profile with dimensions for panel placement also.

I didn't include the slot throat as I haven't seen definitive dimensions, just speculations. I will actually be using the bin without the slot throat, as they will be loaded with selenium drivers...if you look at the selenium bin (the big 2x18") it is basically this layout but with the full driver area loading straight into the first flare section so should work ok with these drivers which are recommended in that design. Not going to be such an efficient box, but  doesn't need to be for the application in question.
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 8:56pm
The 1850Horn has a pissy small chamber. Haven't heard about problems there....
www.aggressiveaudio.co.za
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 1:57am
Originally posted by justamadman justamadman wrote:

yep 750w rms. thats why i thought there might be issues with a beefier driver..... if it needs a heat sink for the original I'd imagine it would get pretty hot in there with a void or an 1850.

the earthquakes are 500w, not sure where you got 350 from???

Me either. Just a number in brain. I dont think it 'needs' a heatsink - it just helps abusers from blowing it.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 2:01am
And it's a nice gimmick...aluminium panelled bassbins to match your aluminum styled domestic electronics...
rottbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rottbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 4:09pm
have you got the plan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justamadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 4:35pm
well up for building some...... off you hop mr rocker.......... get the pencils out
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 6:14pm
Got some free time this w/e ...though plans are here on the forum already if you can't wait that long, they're in one of threebees posts, my plan  has a few mods.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justamadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 10:29pm
safe m8, im after your plans..... are plans an adaption of the afterburner or the earthquakes????
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 10:44pm
Afterburner I think..though I'm never too sure which is which what with similar model numbers etc.. It's based on the big one, thats 900mm+ deep.
Might even get a bit of it done this afternoon...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>