Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Altec 816 build.. Many pics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2013 at 2:32am
Originally posted by winni winni wrote:

Hi.

What crossover point is recommended between low and horn-loaded mid driver for proper sound direction? 3-way JBL speakers got it at 250Hz, is it possible to go even higher?

We have some of these cabinets, run them 80-250hz loaded with Eminence Delta. Fantastic lo mid section on top of scoops and below Turbosound TSE111 copies.

I find the sound starts to get abit muddy above 250hz. hope that helped

Predominant Culture Sound System - Roots and Culture

Full Throttle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2022 at 8:37pm
I know this is really old but I have a friend that wants a retro system and I think these would be good with a 511B  horn on them some current drivers and a sub that matches them with a slot port on the bottom to match, what i cannot find is the radius of the horn that detail is missing from all the plan I can find. Does anyone have a detailed plan or know the radius, thanks, Mike
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2022 at 8:34pm
Altec 816; Outstanding Cab Design for approx 80 HZ to 1200 HZ. The 4 I had came with "thin" curved horn sides so I added extra wood and Boat Resin on back side. I loaded Them with EVM 15L Proline. Very good build job on Your new Project. Old School is Real Cool.     VECTORSONICS
Full Throttle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2022 at 4:20pm
should be a nice setup, cant wait to get going 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234