Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

jbl passive x-over, pics!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jbl passive x-over, pics!
    Posted: 05 March 2008 at 4:07pm
i've pulled these out of some cabs i got on ebay, just had a search around and apparently they crossover at 800hz. the top can be attenuated to a maximum of -10dB. can't find anything on how much they're worth [i can't see them being massively useful to us at the mo, although that could change], or a detailed specsheet. audioheritage and jbl sites aren't being too useful, unless it's just me being a mong.

the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 6:54pm
They look like the crossovers from one of the early cinema systems!
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 1:03pm
they are i think, got the cabs in my living room. no handles or corners and made from 1" mdf Dead will post some pics up later.
the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 3:08pm
i think its a 3110 you have there..800hz passive x-over...dates from around 1970`s...low power use really,say under 100watts...ideal for home hi-fi,thats about it.

Be seeing you.
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 5:09pm
lol! the boxes had 8ohm 2226 woofers and 16ohm 2426 comp drivers in, according to the seller  they took 750w each Dead i might have to check to see if they're burnt inside, there's no sign from the outside.

Edited by boycey - 06 March 2008 at 5:09pm
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 6:39pm
The boxes were probually intended for cinema use,not for club/pa use....those old crossovers are quite strong,but the certainly wont survive 750watts...there may not be any visible damage inside,but it wont have done the 1970`s capacitors any good having that kind of power put into them.
Be seeing you.
boycey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:18am
if i wanted to test these would it be worth running an ac signal into it and hooking up an oscilloscope to the outputs to check the crossover point/whether any noise comes out? i don't really know what i'm doing but i'm keen to learn and have a physics lab at my disposal Smile

or perhaps just hook it up to an audio signal and speakers and listen?
 Post Reply Post Reply