Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 (again)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X1 (again)
    Posted: 10 March 2005 at 6:19pm

Anyone had any problems with X1's going for a walk???

We tried a prototype at a gig at the weekend and it was just wandering around all over the place, even with a decent sized full range cab ratchet strapped to the top of it.  If it had had a longer speaker cable it would of probably made it's way out of the club door and f**ked off down the street....

"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
roborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2005 at 9:07am
Hehe the angle the speakers mounted at is prolly optimal for making it hop around, whether its on the botom or side! (couple of concrete blocks kept a bp6 i once had  (died in a horrible incident, made of chipboard...doh) in check, but it didn't get as much as a x1)
What I cannot create, I do not understand
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2005 at 10:11am

Try some of that non-slip rubber matting they use to face walkways and things.  Greg (yeah sorry to bring back those painful memories  )  uses it between LS1200 and PS15b to stop them sliding around and it works very well.

Or just build double ones so the forces help cancel each other... you've got a big van now and you're a strapping lad!

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Hobbyist2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobbyist2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:46pm
Dom, which driver was in the X1, how many watts?
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 4:08am

Void V18-1000.  At the time we were only driving it from a 700W amp as it was just providing some sub in a bar along with one of our old full range cabs.  If and when we use them with the rig they'll get 1700W...

Sound nice though, got a good few positive comments...

"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
freddyi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 3:24pm
can U get ladies to sit on it?
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 5:40pm
I think we'll get lots of positive comments then...
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2006 at 9:31am
haha do they do it on cammand? could you teach them to set up and pack up? do the run away when the police turn up? speakers that dont wanna be confiscated!!!!!
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 5:31pm

LOL not if they are tied down.

Anyway a good way to stop speakers slipping is use large rubber feet on the bottom of them.

gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2006 at 12:54pm
ive found a nice stack on top helps too! nothing like a few nice heavy cabs to sort it out!
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 7:34am
I found a ridiculously thick rubber matt under the main 500amp+ fuse box in a warehouse I happened to be strolling past recently. Its rated to 50,000v and is designed to prevent electricians killing themselves, although its the perfect length for a stack of 1850's, 4 wide on their sides. Only trouble is it weighs about 50kg!
Hixxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hixxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 11:21am
@ Biotec

Check your PM inbox i might be able to help you.

Hixxie
It was so loud i nearly wee'd myself....
 Post Reply Post Reply