Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound TSE 118

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massacre_sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound TSE 118
    Posted: 17 March 2008 at 10:30am
I know these designs are quite old now, does anyone have the plans ?

Ta
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 8:23pm
Isnt it just a big HD15 or USB ?
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 11:01pm
It's funny how you see things isn't it, I thought the HD15 was a small turbo. The curve is different and the baffle is a different angle, but before Turbo, this format didn't exist.
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 1:56am
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

It's funny how you see things isn't it, I thought the HD15 was a small turbo. The curve is different and the baffle is a different angle, but before Turbo, this format didn't exist.

Heh. your right. I think the character of the sound will be the same even if the flare is curved vs straight. It will still have a big notch at 1wave = mouth width/height.

I mention USB because many like to get commercial plans, when there are diy ones around.

waal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 5:46pm
what about copie the bas section of a turbosound tms 4 im thinking to do that i cant find any secant hand tse 118 in netherlands or gemany or belgium.

does someone have experience with this and which speaker can i use for this. it must be a pd 186 or something like this, i have read it somewere but cant find it back

i love my sound system, but i want to go louder and louder. its never loud enough
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 6:36pm
I believe Stumbler on here still has a few he wants to part with? Loaded with Fane XB, very nice sound, lots of bang for the buck.
mylesound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 2:55am
so someone has copies?
les get the plans =]
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 4:45am
Originally posted by tb_mike tb_mike wrote:

Heh. your right. I think the character of the sound will be the same even if the flare is curved vs straight. It will still have a big notch at 1wave = mouth width/height.

I mention USB because many like to get commercial plans, when there are diy ones around.

can you explain more because I physicaly hear different
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 6:18am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

Originally posted by tb_mike tb_mike wrote:

can you explain more because I physicaly hear different

60cm horn path, similar cutoff,top end mostly dictated by front chamber volume.The response will be reasonably similar between different woofers.

Which one do you prefer?Id hazard a gues at the Turbo one sounding better.

Personally I think the HD15 is an odd thing with such a narrow bandwidth.
Distortion at high SPL is another story.
waal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 5:33pm
QuestionQuestion
if i copy the bassection of the tms 4 is it then the same as a tse 118 does any body know
 i dont have tse 118 yet, only tms 4. and  i want to put the pd 186 in

i love my sound system, but i want to go louder and louder. its never loud enough
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 10:45pm
The two are the same.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 8:32pm
Yes--As Tony says-They are both identical and a PD186 will not fit in as the magnet fouls the loading trap door--cheers--John 
 Post Reply Post Reply